Our client is one of the committed financial services providers in the Ghanaian Banking industry. In order to maintain and consolidate its position, continues growth and delivery of quality services to its customers our clients is seeking outstanding, dynamic and proficient professionals to drive excellence in its, Risk, Corporate, Finance and Operations departments. Title:
Head, Transaction Banking Report to:
Head of Corporate Banking Summary of Job Purpose:
• This is a management position whose primary objective is to contribute to the overall growth of the Corporate Banking Department of the Bank by providing the needed leadership to the Transaction Banking Unit to consistently achieve volume, value and related targets. Your area of responsibility will include cash management sales, international trade sales, electronic banking sales and management of local financial institutions.
• As Head of Transaction Banking Unit you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Transaction Banking Strategy of the Corporate Banking Department. You will lead the team to develop, manage and implement products and services to capture existing and potential transaction banking opportunities through effective sales pipeline management, direct origination and structuring and training of corporate banking relationship teams.
• The role will require building external partnerships and working with internal stakeholders across the Bank for delivery of world-class solutions to customers. Key Duties:
• Develop and lead the execution of Transaction Banking Strategy as part of the overall Corporate Banking Department strategy.
• Direct ongoing product development and management strategy through developing product strategy, implementing products successfully and developing product end-state proposition.
• Build and manage a product portfolio that positions Corporate Banking Department to generate revenues that consistently exceed set targets.
• Support Relationship Teams to procure/recruit, nurture and sustain new Transaction Banking relationships that have a potential to grow and provide superior returns.
• Ensure the highest standards of sales performance including evaluating customer needs; proposing solutions; initiating new deals; maintaining credit process and procedures; deepening account relationship.
• Enhance the Bank’s presence and access in the market and enhance credibility with key decision makers.
• Maintain a productive working relationship with relevant departments to ensure sufficient sales, system and operational support for Transaction Banking Business development and also agree on and meet proper control measures, clear guidelines and business performance indicators.
• Control and manage the risk of the Transaction Banking portfolio to ensure maintenance of a high quality credit and services profile through adherence to risk management policies and procedures
• Undertake performance management of the Transaction Banking Team and agree steps to enhance overall team performance
• Maintain risk alertness, recognize and respond promptly to adverse business cycles or early warning signals within the Transaction Banking environment.
• Ensure satisfactory ratings in internal and external audits through adherence with laid down procedures and standards as well as regulatory requirements.
• Lead the Transaction Banking Team to consistently deliver agreed targets through the creation of a high-performance environment.
• Maximise performance of the Transaction Banking Team by identifying individual development and training needs, and ensure coaching and training take place to build capacity.
• Drive efforts to identify and implement service behaviours that deliver world-class service experience to Transaction Banking Clients.
• Prepare periodic reports to Head of Corporate Banking or designated officers of the Department as required. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s Degree and relevant professional qualification in multiple disciplines.
• A minimum of 8 years direct experience in corporate banking at a senior level with focus on marketing and relationship management in the Transaction Banking Segment. ]
• At least 5 year’s people management experience at a senior level including building and managing a team. CORPORATE/BUSINESS AWARENESS
• A good knowledge of the workings of multiple departments that enables jobholder to plan and organise a wide range of activities which require regular monitoring and reasonable changes over a period to ensure achievement of both departmental objectives and short to long term corporate goals.
• A sound commercial knowledge of the business environment, and understanding of financial and technical issues affecting various Transaction Banking Clients.
• Awareness of the statutory legislations, banking compliance standards, credit risk management, the Bank’s internal processes and their impact on originating and managing corporate banking relationships SOCIAL COMPETENCE
• Excellent team player with a demonstrable ability of building effective relationships both internally an externally, using different styles of engagement to discuss a wide range of complex subjects and issues in order to sustain business growth
• Proven ability to analyse and solve complex problems, identifying and providing solutions for business risks, always taking initiatives that have high chances of success.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills is essential as the role requires face to face, external and internal specialised discussions and public engagement.
• Role requires ability to engage knowlegeable and well-informed corporate banking clients in deliberations and negotiations for increased and sustained business.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills, particularly demonstrating outstanding ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve business results.
• Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, manage, develop, train and coach others in the team.
• Passion for service excellence in the performance of duties assigned.
• Strong organisational and administrative skills. SCOPE OF THINKING
• Ability to diagnose and analyse problems and find solutions in the form of designing processes, systems and or products/services including their risk impact within limited (given) time frame.
• Ability to weigh complex issues quickly and take initiative based on given range of options within limits of authority.
• Apply solutions relevant to the complexity, scope and magnitude of problems impacting on corporate banking activities in unexpected scenarios.
• Resourceful, able to produce imaginative solutions to problems and suggest new ways to doing things. DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
• Role requires in-depth problem analysis relating to complex situations in an unpredictable environment requiring the ability to assemble relevant data and subject same to in-depth evaluation and risk analysis in order to meet client needs.
• Ability to respond to changing work patterns, interruptions and meeting timelines.
• Ability to keep abreast with global trends in corporate banking and client behavioural patterns. AUTONOMY OF DECISION
• Decisions made by the jobholder will be guided by the Bank’s standards and policies as well as external regulatory standards.
• Recognises priorities and weighs up different options to determine potential risks and benefits prior to making recommendations.
• The jobholder can make independent decisions within their delegated areas of authority. AREA OF INFLUENCE
• Responsible for supervising, training, career development and coaching of Sales Managers and Corporate Services Officers in the Transaction Banking Team.
• Entirely responsible for safety of records, information and physical assets allocated to the Transaction Banking Team. IMPACT OF INFLUENCE ON TARGET ACHIEVEMENT
• In-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant information is critical to the achievement of the bank’s targets.
• Providing support and developing the skills of the Transaction Banking Team is critical to excellent performance. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should please apply by 29 May 2015 through:
E-mail:- [email protected]
Post - HR Advisory Services KPMG
Marlin House13 Yiyiwa DriveA belenkpe
P.O. Box P 242 Accra Closing Date:
29 May, 2015