Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment as: HEAD, UNIVERSITY OF GHANA BASIC SCHOOL The School
• Established as the University Primary School (UPS) in 1955 with an initial enrollment of 36 pupils, it moved to its present premises in 1958 as the Demonstration School. The Junior High School was later added in 1987 with an initial enrollment of 68. The University of Ghana Basic School now has over 1500 pupils in three Departments – Kindergarten, Primary and JHS. Job Summary
• The Head will oversee the general administration, development and growth of the School as a Center of academic excellence and will be required to provide leadership and exercise initiative in the management of an establishment with a growing student population in a competitive national environment. The Head is also responsible for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the campus, as well as the general administration of the School in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University’s policies.
• As a self-financing and self-accounting unit of the University, the Head will be expected to generate income for the School’s operations and be responsible for prudent management of the its resources. Qualification Required & Experience
• The applicant must have a very good first degree and a professional qualification in Education.
• The applicant must have a Master’s Degree (M.Ed/M.Phil) in a relevant field (preferably Educational Administration, Educational Administration and Management, Educational Leadership and Management)
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience as Head of a School or six (6) years as an Assistant Head.
• The applicant must be on the rank of an Assistant Director II or a Deputy Director in the Ghana Education Service with at least 15 years working experience.
• Must be a visionary and must be able to establish linkages within the University system and between the school and the wider public.
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain high academic standards and discipline. Terms of Appointment
• The appointment will take effect from 1st August 2022. This is a Senior Member appointment which will be for an initial term of four (4) years and may be renewed, subject to the terms and conditions of employment. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates are requested to submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra, Ghana
By email to: [email protected]
The application pack should contain the following:
i. Completed UAB Form 1 B: Senior Administrative And Professional Staff Application Form
(may be downloaded from UG website www.ug.edu.gh
ii. Copies of educational certificates
iii. A curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three (3) referees who are familiar with the applicant’s qualification and experience
iv. A statement of the candidate’s vision for the school (not more than 1500 words). Closing Date:
20 December, 2021