Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
Health and Safety Officer SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Overall responsibility is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Policy and guidelines.
• Responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee safety at work to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
• To facilitate and monitor compliance with (OHS) guidelines. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• To ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
• Develop, implement, and improve the health and safety plans, programmes, policies and procedures in the workplace.
• Conduct safety inspections and risk assessments.
• Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
• Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
• Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
• Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
• Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
• Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
• Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
• Ensure annual health checks and relevant vaccination programmes are in place and up to date Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma or higher in safety management, or relevant field
• Certificate/ Diploma in occupational health and safety
• Professional qualification (NEBOSH IGC, IOSH, OSHA or better) in Health and Safety is desirable.
• Proven experience as Health and Safety officer preferably in a healthcare environment
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies and procedures for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Diligent with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021