Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, if possible coordinate with the project manager.
• Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
• Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
• Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
• Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
• Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
• Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
• Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors.
• Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
• Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
• Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
• Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
• Prepare for, and participate in audits Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma or Certificate in health and safety
• National Construction Safety Officer Certificate.
• Minimum 5 year Health and Safety field experience
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications
• The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
• Excellent Incident Investigation skills
• Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills.
• Effective communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to perform under stressful conditions
• Analytical skills
• Probability and decision making skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Effective organizational skills
• Stress management skills Location:
Achimota, Accra How To Apply For The Job
C.V.s should be sent via: [email protected]
indicating the position as the subject of the e- mail Closing Date:
18 September, 2020