A reputable manufacturing Company in Tema has a vacancy for a dynamic business minded person to join its team to achieve its corporate objectives and goals as: Health and Safety Supervisor
• The Healthy and Safety Supervisor provide technical support and specialised diagnoses data to the Line and Staff Leadership in the area of Occupational Health and Safety in a way that will help to anticipate, recognise, and proactively evaluate and control/eliminate hazards associated with the Plant's Safety/Health Processes and Practices.
• Provide professional health and safety services to the Plant Management Team towards the achievement and maintenance of plant safety goal of zero injury work environment.
• Develop and administer major Health and Safety Initiatives, Policies & Procedures, Processes and Practices for safe operation.
• Develop and implement effective Industrial Hygiene Programmes on the Plant
• Co-ordinate Health and Safety Audits, Inspections, Risk Assessments and Safety Meetings.
• Identify and appraise hazardous conditions and practices and evaluate the severity of hazards.
• Develop and train employees on hazard control methods to prevent injuries, occupational illnesses and equipment damages.
• Coordinate the measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of the Hazard Control System and the development of modifications/ interventions needed to achieve optimum results.
Qualification Required & Experience
Educational Qualification/Professional/ Work Experience
• BSc Degree in a Science or Engineering Discipline;
• Post graduate Training in Safety, Health & Environment Management;
• At least 7 (seven) Years of Post-Qualification Work Experience in HSE Management;
• Knowledgeable in Occupational Health & Safety Management (ISO 45001) and/or Environmental Management System (ISO 14001);
• Proficient in IT and MS applications;
• Organised, Methodical and Innovative;
• Analytical Thinking, Good Interpersonal and Communication
How To Apply For the Job
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their covering letters together with CVs and two (2) professional references to:
Indicate the job title clearly in the covering letter.
15 October, 2019
Applications will be shortlisted based on the job specifications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.