A reputable manufacturing Company in Tema has a vacancy for a dynamic business minded person to join its team to achieve its corporate objectives and goals as: Health and Safety Supervisor JOB PURPOSE
• The Healthy and Safety Supervisor provide technical support and specialised diagnoses data to the Line and Staff Leadership in the area of Occupational Health and Safety in a way that will help to anticipate, recognise, and proactively evaluate and control/eliminate hazards associated with the Plant's Safety/Health Processes and Practices. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide professional health and safety services to the Plant Management Team towards the achievement and maintenance of plant safety goal of zero injury work environment.
• Develop and administer major Health and Safety Initiatives, Policies & Procedures, Processes and Practices for safe operation.
• Develop and implement effective Industrial Hygiene Programmes on the Plant
• Co-ordinate Health and Safety Audits, Inspections, Risk Assessments and Safety Meetings.
• Identify and appraise hazardous conditions and practices and evaluate the severity of hazards.
• Develop and train employees on hazard control methods to prevent injuries, occupational illnesses and equipment damages.
• Coordinate the measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of the Hazard Control System and the development of modifications/ interventions needed to achieve optimum results. Qualification Required & Experience Educational Qualification/Professional/ Work Experience
• BSc Degree in a Science or Engineering Discipline;
• Post graduate Training in Safety, Health & Environment Management;
• At least 7 (seven) Years of Post-Qualification Work Experience in HSE Management; KEY COMPETENCES
• Knowledgeable in Occupational Health & Safety Management (ISO 45001) and/or Environmental Management System (ISO 14001);
• Proficient in IT and MS applications;
• Organised, Methodical and Innovative;
• Analytical Thinking, Good Interpersonal and Communication Location:
Accra How To Apply For the Job
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their covering letters together with CVs and two (2) professional references to: [email protected]
Indicate the job title clearly in the covering letter. Closing Date:
15 October, 2019
Applications will be shortlisted based on the job specifications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.