Job Vacancy For Health Coordinator At Plan Ghana (Tamale)
• To co-ordinate, facilitate and provide technical support to local partners (and communicate) in the implementation and management of SHOW project within Project districts.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Project Manager and the rest of the team to design and manage project activities in assigned project districts
• Monitors health related activities in project communities through regular visits, and submits report of such visits to ensure quality supervision and monitoring leading to improvement in programme delivery
• Participates in periodic health sector review meetings with GHS at the district level, and ensures greater collaboration with other key strategic partners in health across the SHOW project district(s)
• Under the supervision of the Project Manager, facilities capacity building of partners, CHVS, etc to ensure quality and timely delivery of project activities (including facilitation of training of partner NGOs and project communities)
• Facilitates empowerment of children and youth groups to be active participants in seeking prompt and appropriate health seeking behavior, unlearning misconceptions and bad cultural practices that hinder access to quality and timely healthcare services at health facilities.
• Conducts regular visits to partners (LNGOs, GHS and support for effective implementation and management of project activities
• Ensures Gender is mainstreamed into all SHOW related activities in the district - demonstrating gender sensitivity towards staff, partners, community members and other associates
• Participates in development of action plans, budgets and provides assistance to implementing partners on how to achieve project results in a cost effective manner.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Development studies, social sciences
• At least 3 years experience as a technical staff in a health related institution
• At least 2 years experience in the civil service
• At least 2 years similar experience in an international organization similar to Plan International
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address provided below:-
Private Mail Bag
Osu Main Post Office,
Closing Date: 12 February, 2016