To Manage, promote and proactively help implement and maintain Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) programs in line with Group Security and HSE plan, policies, practices and procedures, so as to reduce risks in local operations and help eliminate activities leading to accidents, damages and injuries.
• Review, revise and write policies and processes in order to advise managers, HS&E coordinators, employees and subcontractors in general about current and new safe work procedures, safety policies and applicable regulation and international standards;
• Ensure compliance with all local and international legislation and regulations interfacing with regulatory and compliance departments.
• Promote the operation to achieving international best practice and certification of ISO 14001 for Environmental Management and 18001 OHSAS International Certification for Occupational Health and Safety Management.
• Promote the use of Incident Risk based Management System to record and deliver a reduction of accidents and incidents.
• Investigate the causes of accident/incidents and develop/implement procedures and methods to prevent similar occurrences in the future, including risk assessments and action plans.
• Ensure all significant accidents and or incidents are cost calculated and findings issued to the local management team and to the Group HSE Manager for review and comment.
• Shall form a key advisory role within the operations ensuring the Security/HSE committee is formed and conducted per quarter or as defined by local legislation as a minimum. All meetings shall be recorded in minutes and issued to the Group HSE Manager for review and comment.
• Assist and help evaluate work procedures and environments via workplace and activity risk assessment to identify potential hazards and ensure that adequate controls are in place according to internal programs, policies and procedures.
• Provide HS&E training programs and education to current employees as well as new employee orientations. Devise and implement a HS&E training matrix covering all colleagues including Management roles and responsibilities, H&S induction programmes, emergency response fire and first aid training.
• Ensure the suspension/interruption of activities in local operation facilities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety are implemented and managed by local management.
• Shall work effectively alongside BCM Manager, Physical & Information Security managers to implement control measures to prevent disruption the core services. Acting as the deputy to the Country Security Manager.
• Ensure appropriate procedures and safety equipment are implemented and managed by local management, in accordance with local laws, regulations and relevant international standards.
• Shall implement Travel Tracking and management support for all colleagues travelling to and from Rwanda as well as throughout the group.
• Shall support the CTIO, SCM & other departments with outsourced managed services by ensuring full due-diligence is completed, period inspections of working activities, management meetings are completed, and accidents are reported and investigated.
• Execute periodic inspections of facilities, equipment and machinery to identify potential hazards, recommend risk reduction measures and ensure the installation of HS&E features. Follow up on outstanding observations and actions.
• Conduct and coordinate review of HS&E Inspections and Audits with the Group Internal Audit team
• Maintain records and prepare reports on the administration of HS&E matters and other assigned activities.
• Completion of incident investigation, statistics, reports, and trend reporting.
• Deliver informative, well-organized presentations and participate in periodic global, regional and local meetings.
• Shall interface with all departments to ensure Fire Safety Management plans, Equipment, Fire Marshals are established and tested at regular intervals along with training for all colleagues.
• The HSE Manager shall also form part of the Crisis Management Team and as such shall interface with the Country Security Manager, Business Continuity Manager, Office Managers and Departmental Managers.
• The HSE Manager shall report to the Country Security Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3-5 years of related HS&E and/or Risk Management with supervisory/management work experience.
• Working knowledge of HS&E requirements in accordance with local laws and regulations as well as applicable international standards.
• Ability to analyze and understand HS&E policies and procedures, and to develop planning and optimization of programs.
• Highly developed leadership abilities with excellent relationship-building skills.
• A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
• Must have an ongoing record of professional development.
• Ability to travel.
• Advance English / French skills.
• Experience in telecommunication engineering hazards (RF radiation, working at heights, laser safety, etc.) is a plus.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online
30 October, 2015
When you join Tigo, you join a team where your skills, ideas and technical know-how can do more than contribute to the bottom-line. You'll be exposed to enormous experience, great network and a workforce full of talents with youthful exuberance.
At Tigo we are all salesmen and we are responsible for our own development. We consider each vacancy as a development opportunity for Tigo Employees and we develop both the business and people together