• Establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
• Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted.
• Be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
• Support the regular review of OHS policies and programs.
• Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
• Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
• Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and visitors
• Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or nonconformity (e.g. non usage of protective equipment).
• Ensure full compliance to EHS policies and regulations by all employees.
• Record and investigate incidents/accidents to determine causes and install preventive measures.
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to management.
Qualification Required & Experience
Preferred minimum level of education:
• Certificate in occupational health, safety and safety, environment and quality management system.
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. EPA) and procedures.
• Proven experience as HSE officer.
• Familiar with mining environment and related operations.
How To Apply For The Job
Send all CVs and cover letter to:
25 November, 2022