Mantrac is Ghana’s sole authorized dealer for Caterpillar Earthmoving, Construction, Power System and Lift Truck Products. In order to advance our position as the market leader, we invites applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified Health, Safety & Environmental Officers for employment in the Safety Department of the company
Health Safety & Environment Officer
• Assisting and advising the Project and the HSE Manager discharge the SHE duties imposed upon them by law
• Initiate and organise HSE trainings for employees at the branch.
• Ensuring that the Company HSE Management System is implemented and maintained at the branch
• Ensuring that a register of Hazardous substances is maintained at all times.
• Being the focal point for HSE at the branch and to lead and coordinate SHE activities at the branch
• Investigating accidents. incidents and near misses and record the data accordingly.
• Auditing policies, procedures and company safety standards.
• Submit monthly performance records to the HSE Manager. Head and Chair HSE meetings at the branch
• Ensuring hat contractors working on Company premises or on behalf of the Company are competent and controlled whilst they are working on site.
• Undertake periodic workplace inspections at the branch.
• Ensuring that new employees, temporary workers and contractors are adequately inducted, ie.e given enough HSE information before they begin work.
• Conduct risk assessment for various tasks and at various departments within the branch
• Promoting a safety culture within the organization and set a personal example; and
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of five years post qualification experience in a Mining, Engineering or Construction Entity
• Candidate must have a BSc Degree in Engineering or Sciences of related qualification
• Candidate with nebosh certificate or diploma will be an added
• Candidate must be a member of a relevant professional body (desirable)
Candidate must be knowledgeable in:
• Ghanaian safety and environmental laws and statutes
• Risk assessment, and how to conduct it
• Health, safety and environmental statistics and its interpretation
• Hazardous substances and their management
• HSE inductions and how to organise and conduct HSE
• Report writing
• Excellent technical HSE Knowledge & skill
• Excellent communication skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Good skills
Exciting salary package awaits the successful candidate
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should forward their applications and CVs with address to:
The Human Resources Manager
Mantrac Ghana Limited,
P.O BOX 5207,
20 July, 2019