The main responsibility of a House Mother is to run the day to day operations of an all girls boarding house, which has the occupancy of 10-15 girls, ranging in the age of 12 – 17 years of age. All occupants attend school during the day, and return to house each evening.
• House mother will supervise all girls to:
1)Do their own Housekeeping (sweeping, washing dishes, clothes, cleaning bathrooms, etc.)
2)Daily meetings and devotion
4)Bathing, and dressing
• Getting the children off to school on time.
• Conduct and Record regular role calls at home.
• Creating a warm and friendly atmosphere, however teaching girls good moral values.
• Keep an open ear and investigating any issues in the home to help solve problems.
• Should be able to provide first aid
• Escort any child in need to hospital or clinic.
• Implement and facilitate extra curriculum activities that promote good moral and ethic principles for the girls. (cooking, etiquettes, mentoring programs, etc.).
• Make weekly reports to Executive Director; which outlines daily activities of the home (scheduling, children’s health, behaviors, disciplinary actions taken, inventory, requisition of supplies and food)
• Responsible for obtaining supplies and food items for house.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position. Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must be at least 30 years of age; RETIREES WELCOMED.
• Must speak English and GA.
• Must be able to read and write.
• Available to start work Immediately. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application outlining qualifications and other skills to: [email protected]
please indicates your Subject as: Housemother/”your name” (example; Housemother/ AMA BADU)
Or hand deliver to BASICS international ( Behind the Chorkor Police Station) Attn: Lily. Closing Date:
08 May, 2013