ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
HROE and Administrative Manager
The HROE and Administrative Manager shall be responsible for the development of a holistic approach to human resources and organizational effectiveness of the organization encompassing people, processes and systems that foster the AA culture to optimize staff productivity and organizational effectiveness.
• Familiar with Ghana labour laws and ensure that ActionAid’s employment policies are not in conflict with the country laws.
• Develop the Country-level HROE and Admin strategy, OE change management plan, annual HR plans and budgets and work plans in alignment with the CSP, Global HR Standards and in accordance with Ghana laws and organisational priorities and budget provisions.
• Lead the implementation of, and accounting for the HR Strategy, annual HROE and Admin plans & budgets and work plans in line with approved
plans and budgets and the HR Policy framework
• Development and implementation of HROE and Admin strategies, systems, policies and procedures including safeguarding policies to
protect the vulnerable and for the Organisation
• Develop and update HR measurement indicators and provide guidance in the reporting of HR Management performance of the entire Affiliate to
• Participate in the regional cluster HROD/E network to contribute to the development of the relevant cluster HRODE priorities.
• Develop and lead the implementation of mechanisms for succession planning and management development for the affiliate programme.
Governance and Board
• Advise and support National Board processes and development
• Act as secretary to the HROE Committee of the Board.
• Attend Board and General Assembly (GA) Meetings, presents reports to and provide technical support to the Board and GA in areas of expertise
• Participate in the induction of Board members in their HROE role
• Work with GS HR/ Internal and External Audit teams to conduct audits of the HROE department and present progress implementing audit
recommendations to the CLT and the Board.
Strategic Leadership & Management
• Based on sound organizational Development principles, support the country leadership team to monitor and in influence organizational climate and
workplace moral through staff satisfaction (pulse) surveys.
• Make presentations to CLT and SMT on HROE issues as well as present periodic HR performance reports.
• Follow up and report on the implementation of key action points from the CLT/SMT relevant to HROE and
• Prepare, submit and follow up on cases that require legal action with the organizational lawyers and provide quarterly updates to CLT on the
organization’s legal cases.
• Provide comprehensive HR advisory and technical advise to Country Director, managers and staff on all aspects of human resources to ensure
that the organisation follows policies, procedures and legal requirements.
• Track trends in contemporary development HR/OD/E management practices, document and provide advise/ recommendations on key
developments to Management
Qualification Required & Experience
Academic Qualification & Experience:
• 2nd Degree in related field + 5 years relevant experience in senior management position.
• Membership of a relevant professional institute.
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability to develop HROE strategies and plans
• Knowledge of Ghana Labour Act and international labour conventions/regulations
• Ability to develop HR systems, policies and procedures
• Ability to design and implement organizational change interventions
• Ability to undertake learning needs identification
• Knowledge of adult learning principles
• Ability to write behavioural questions and coordinate a behavioural interview
• Ability to undertake job evaluation and design a salary structure
• Ability to design and deliver training programmes
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Knowledge of the decision-making and problem-solving process
• Ability to conduct or manage a productive meeting
• Ability and/or willingness to discuss problems/concerns and to take action
• Ability to establish objectives, specific targets and goals
• Ability to plan and work effectively on several tasks at the same time
• Ability to determine organization structure for target achievement
• Ability to develop cooperation among team members and resolve conflicts
• Ability to identify suitable tasks for delegation, the skills required for the task, and the appropriate individual for the task
• Ability to select the most appropriate medium of communication
• Ability to write effective reports, letters, memos and make presentations
• Ability to lead and inspire others
• Knowledge of motivation theory
• Knowledge of control systems
• Ability to routinely monitor costs and control budget
This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
This role is on SM4 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
Greater Accra Region.
How to Apply For the Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Click Here To Download Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
15 July, 2022
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”