Serendipalm Co. Ltd. operates Ghana’s only palm oil commercial project with small holders and a “traditional” village-based oil mill. The project supplies several brands in Europe and the U.S., is organic and fair trade certified and has a positive impact on rural development in the Eastern Region.
Serendipalm plans to expand its operations and is recruiting a permanent HR Manager required to work at the Serendipalm mill in Asuom. Job Purpose
Maintaining and enhancing the Company’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Responsibilities
• Maintain the work structure by developing and updating contracts and job descriptions for all positions.
• Maintain Serendipalm staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; advising managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing interviews.
• Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
• Maintain pay plan by conducting periodic salary surveys, scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
• Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee performances by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; addressing employee welfare, counseling employees and supervisors.
• Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims.
• Revising Company Handbook, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting Departmental managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
• Preparing job advertisement, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and recommending candidates for selection and participating in the selection of new staff.
• Undertaking regular salary reviews and developing salary structures for all categories of staff.
• Interpreting and advising on employment laws
• Developing with Departmental managers, HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
• Identifying training needs of different categories of employees, finding suitable trainers and making recommendations to other managers for the implementation of these trainings.
• Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, pensions, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports
• Promoting equality and diversity in the Company
• Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety. Serendipalm Offers:
• A secure job with opportunities for growth
• Performance-based competitive compensation and benefits
• A very collegial and constructive working environment
• Management support of training to enhance job skills and experience
• References will be required Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a good first degree in Human Resource Management, or professional qualification in a related field.
• Willing to work on part-time basis of at least two (2) weeks per month.
• Must have broad knowledge in the Ghana Labour Laws
• Must be experienced in organisational planning, organisation development, employee relations, safety and training and development
• Should have at least (5) years relevant post qualification experience, of which three (3) years must be at a senior level
• Report writing skills are essential
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate to all manner of people
• Must be able to work with tight deadlines to a high standard of workmanship
• Excellent written and spoken communication and a proactive approach to effective communication in Twi and English are a must.
• Advanced computer skills, notably (email, MS Office)
• Motivated to work on commercial projects with a strong social mission
• Women are encouraged to apply. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Apply by: sending your CV and application letter to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
15 July, 2015