The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
• Report To:
Director of Finance and Administration
• To provide direction for employment policies and procedures, overseeing payroll, rewards and recognition programmes as well as managing workplace safety initiatives and ensure industrial harmony and sound administrative base.
KEY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
• Human Resources Management
• General Administration
Human Resources Management
• Under the direction and guidance of Director of Finance and Administration (DFA), plan and implement HR activities in the Association such as Leave schedules/administration, recruitment, capacity building, staff welfare, staff audit & planning, etc.
• Develop programmes to enhance employee relations, career development and progression.
• Develop adequate induction and training programmes to ensure that new employees are properly introduced to the organizational culture
• Develop and deliver compensation and benefit comparison reports and make recommendations to improve the organization’s compensation packages on annual basis.
• With guidance and direction from DFA, and in consultation with Unit/Facility Heads coordinate and plan manpower requirement in the Association.
• In consultation with DFA, ensure that Job Classification systems exist and used as a basis of job descriptions, salary placement, staff rewards, etc.
• Ensure effective and efficient administration of Performance Management system and make recommendations for Management decision-making.
• Ensure that the laid down procedures in recruiting, selecting/placement of new staff, promotions and staff separations are complied with.
• Support employee opportunities for professional development and manage succession planning of staff
• Act as liaison between PPAG and available legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations
• Make recommendations for policy and organizational review as well as develop and implement new policies and serve as a custodian of all policies
General Administration and Management
• Ensure that all properties of the Association are properly secured and maintained.
• Responsible for planning and coordination of all office services, i.e. Security, cleaning, repairs and maintenance, utility services (water, electricity, telephone)
• Prepare accurate and timely unit reports for documentation and decision-making purposes
• Responsible for the insurance of staff and all properties belonging to the Association
• Ensure proper documentation of all PPAG’s lands and other landed properties
• Responsible for the management of the Transport section.
• Ensure Proper documentation of all vehicles including motor bikes.
• Maintenance schedule for all vehicles and conduct monthly vehicle& fuel analysis.
• Supervise activities of drivers and vehicles scheduling
• Responsible for all procurement and procurement related issues within the Association
• Ensure cost-effectiveness in supplies and value for money.
• Develop and regularly update the Suppliers’ database as per the Association’s policies and guidelines.
• Manage the Association’s Supply Chain in particular, contraceptives and other clinic consumables.
• Perform and document risk management for supply contracts and agreements
• Anticipate unfavourable events through data analysis; prepare control strategies
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Masters’ Degree in the Human Resources/Management/Public Administration or any other related field with a minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience, 3 of which must be in a managerial position.
• A professional certificate will be an added advantage e.g Logistics Management, CHRMP, etc.
• Must have a very good analytical and leadership skills
• Have a good working knowledge in the use of the computer
• Must have a very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
• Must be honest, transparent and reliable
• Must be youth friendly and non discriminatory
• Have a high sense of responsibility and very resourceful and innovative
• Must be a team player and be able to work with little or no supervision.
• Must have good knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
• Must have good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
• Must have an experience in collecting and analysing data
• Must have extended experience in administrative procedures
• Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
• Have a successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Have excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Must have good multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced working environment
How To Apply For The Job
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees and cell phone numbers to:
The Search Committee
Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG)
P.O. Box AN 5756,
OR drop in at:
PPAG Head Office,
16 December, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
PPAG believes in Child and Vulnerable Adults’ protection policy.