Perseus Mining Limited is a dual-listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining Limited, Edikan Mine has commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana.
The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility and achieved up to 7.2Mtpa through a few plant upgrades in 2016. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 180,000-220,000oz gold per annum. Job Title:
Human Resources and Administration Superintendent ROLE
• The successful candidate will be an assistant to the Human Resource Manager and will be responsible for providing support and leadership to the Edikan Human Resource team and delivery of accessible, trusted, professional Human Resources services to the business, as well as demonstrate strategic capability and ownership for both operations and administrative staff. Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure Human Resource services to the business is effective in a timely manner during the full employee life cycle
• Be the point of contact to all employees on local Human Resource matters.
• Ensure that all Human Resource activities are legally compliant in all aspects of people management
• Drive and work in partnership with Learning and Development Officers to develop and deliver training to managers and employees on varied and increasingly complex Human Resource issues.
• Support the Human Resource Manager in the implementation of corporate policies across Edikan Mine Site.
• Manage and coordinate logistics for core Human Resource processes with regard to global mobility and onboarding.
• Lead annual Performance Appraisals and Succession Planning processes for non-management staff.
• Provide coaching and counselling to Human Resource team members
• Partner with management regarding all matters of disciplinary actions.
• Participate and collaborate with the Human Resource team on various process improvement initiatives
• Consult and report to management on employment issues employee development, communications, and organisational design.
• Perform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Edikan Gold Mine operations as assigned by the Supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field, a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Professional certification or membership; (CIPD, SHRM, SPHR, CHRMP)
• A minimum of eight (8) years of Human Resource experience at a senior advisory/consultancy level.
• Must possess good working knowledge of the labour laws in Ghana and experience of working with organised labour (Unions).
• Competent in Human Resource Management services performance management, employee conduct, benefits administration, and other employee well-being issues.
• Working experience in a multinational organisation
• Good working knowledge of the full employee life cycle.
• Must have the ability to quickly learn systems processes and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills at all levels of the organisation, team builder & influencer.
• Ability to use Human Resource information system, including accessing, inputting, and compiling data.
• Ability to research, analyse and reason logically and effectively within tight and conflicting timeframes.
• Experience in providing advice and support to senior managers on strategic matters.
• Experience in leading projects and implementing new initiatives Remuneration:
Competitive and Attractive Location:
Edikan Mine, Ayanfuri, Central Region How To Apply For The Job
Applications will only be received by email to: [email protected]
with the advertised job title “Human Resources and Administration Superintendent” as the subject line of the email. Closing Date:
15 April, 2022