Human Resources Associate
Fixed Term (1year renewable)
• To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
Under the direct supervison of the Human Resources Officer in Accra, and the overal supervison of the Country Director and Representative, the incumbent is expected to perform the following duties:
• Provide assistance on a wide range of complex Human Resource (HR) queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality Human Resource services are delivered to clients.
• Support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
• Draft or prepare correspondence to respond to enquiries on relevant human resources matters; prior to clearance by supervisor as appropriate;
• Support in the review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
• Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
• Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
• Create, check and maintain personnel files for all staff ensuring all documentation is complete; maintain, update and file confidential personnel information and documents, ensure relevant documents are kept in their respective files;
• Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
• Prepare consolidated leave plan in coordination with all heads of unit
• Maintain record of all training provided to Country Office/Sub and Field staff and prepare training plan for further capacity building for same
• Preparation of monthly payroll of SC/SSA staff for supervisor’s review and payment of same;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area, Public or Business Administration.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in Human Resources and related field
• Team player and demonstrate ability to work with people of diverse background
• Ability to handle additional tasks
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Fluency in both the oral and written English language.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
25 May, 2019