The Republic of Ghana
Ministry of Communications eTransform Project
Loan No: IDA 5304-GH
The Government of the Republic of Ghana has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the eTransform Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for the recruitment of: ICT Infrastructure Expert
The overall Project Development Objective of the eTransform Project is to improve the efficiency and coverage of government service delivery using Information Communication Technologies (ICT). The principal outputs are: (a) Enabling environment for electronic government and business; (b) foundational systems for electronic identification to promote electronic service delivery and social inclusion; (c) scaling up of ICT applications and services to improve services in priority sectors in Ghana and (d) effective project management. Job Purpose:
• The ICT Infrastructure Expert, who should be a dynamic and results oriented person will be part of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the eTransform Project of the Ministry of Communications (MoC), and will assist in providing leadership in the design, deployment and management of the right infrastructure technology of ICT to support the eTransform Project and the whole eGovernment agenda.
• The ICT infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, telecommunications infrastructure (such as fiber networks, mobile and wireless networks), information technology infrastructure (high performance data centers, cloud-based applications and services), national research and education networks (NRENs), and financial infrastructure (point of-sale devices, automated teller machines, etc.). The Infrastructure Expert will undertake, inter alia, the following functions: Technical Advisory Support
• Providing technical advice and support to the Ministry of Communications (MoC) on the development and management of ICT infrastructure for possible use across government agencies in
• Ghana, and technological needs of the eTransform Project;
• Provide visible technical leadership for NITA; Developing and advising on innovative models for ICT infrastructure development and use, taking into account recent trends in the ICT industry and updated models for implementation, including with partnerships. The scope of technology innovations include, but are not limited to, broadband, clouds, mobile platform, and internet. Ensure NITA's leadership in the technology community;
• Liaising and coordinating with technical experts and vendors involved in the development and use of ICT infrastructure across government agencies in Ghana, and ensuring that the right technology and solutions are deployed under the Project; and
• Leading the execution of Infrastructure technology strategy for technology platforms. Design and development
• Developing an infrastructure strategy road map for the implementation of the eTransform Project;
• Developing detailed technical specifications and Terms of References (ToRs) for the selection of consultants, vendors. and partners to deploy goods, services, and solutions, as indicated in the e-Transform project;
• Working collaboratively with technical experts, within government and with consulting partners, to develop specifications for cutting- edge technology solutions; and
• Aligning the technological and infrastructure needs of the eTransform Project to the infrastructure blue print of the eGovernment Infrastructure Platform Oversight and supervision
• Providing technical advice, oversight, and project managementsupport for successful implementation of interventions under eTransform project, including e-Identification System, e-Procurement System, e-Justice System, e-Health Systems, e-Services System, e-education System, e-Parliament, e-Immigration and other services, as requested by the Ministry Quality control
• Assessing and ensuring the quality of ICT infrastructure and services under the e-Transform Project, to ensure affordable, sustainable, and reliable services; and
• Ensuring the development of interoperable systems, of data, software, hardware, and systems, based on open architecture, international standards, and vendor-neutral technologies. Training and documentation
• Developing a capacity building strategy for developing the local IT administrators of the MDAs (especially for all those part of the eTransform Project) in IT infrastructure management to enhance their ability to manage the MDAs infrastructure deployed as part of the project Longer-term maintenance
• Establishing mechanisms for the longer-term operations, support,maintenance, administration of ICT infrastructure and services developed under eTransform project.
• Ensuring update of interoperability framework for infrastructure and services, and the use and compliance of international standards. Qualification Required & Experience
The prospective candidate should have:
• Master's or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or related technical discipline from a reputable university.
• Project management certifications, including those by ITIL and Prince2.
• Other relevant industry certification and training is very relevant
• 15 or more years of top-quality experience in managing or developing complex ICT infrastructure, including the design, development, testing, integration, rollout, and maintenance of database systems and operations
• Experience working in deploying IT Infrastructure Projects costing above USD20m
• Proven knowledge and experience in wireless communication Technology like microawave, Long Term Evolution (LTE), White Space.
• 5 or more years of experience in fiber optic communication technology, its design, deployment and operations
• 5 or more years experience in Data center technology, design and operations.
• Experience in the operations and management of an entreprise or ISP network with strong emphasis maintaining SLAs and QoS.
• Proven knowledge and experience in technologies such advanced routing, switching, DNS,DHPC, virtualization etc.
• Profecient in IT strategy development and implementation and overall IT management practices.
• Familiar with IT and Telecom industry best practices.
• Strong skills in software development life cycle Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
• Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
• Individual Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines. Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers. January 2011, revised July 2014). Interested Individuals may obtain further information at the address below from Monday to Friday between 9:00a.m and 5:00 p.m.
• Expressions of Interest may be hand delivered or sent by email to the address below by 4:00 pm (local time) on or before the August 24, 2015 Chief Director
Room 16, First Floor
Ministry of Communications
Email To: [email protected] Closing Date:
24 August, 2015