The Government of the Republic of Ghana has received funding from the World Bank toward the cost of the eTransform Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the recruitment of Project Implementation Unit (PIU) staff.
The overall Project Development Objective of the eTransform Project is to improve the efficiency and coverage of government service delivery using Information Communication Technologies (ICT).The principal outputs are: (a) Enabling environment for electronic government and business; (b) foxmdational systems for electronic identification to promote electronic service delivery and social inclusion; (c) scaling up of ICT applications and services to improve services in priority sectors in Ghana and (d) effective project management.
The ICT Legal Specialist will assist the eTransform Management Team and the MoC in developing and reviewing relevant legal and regulatory framework to increase the economy in line with global best practice.
The ICT Legal Specialist must be abreast with current legal/regulatory environment pertaining to the Information and Communications Technology Sector. He/she will advise the Ministry of Communications (MoC) and the Government of Ghana on implementation and development of the legal/regulatory framework pertaining to the
ICT industry in Ghana under the eTransform Ghana project.The legal specialist will ensure and facilitate the implementation and or modification of existing laws as well as preparation and adoption of new laws that promote the following objectives in line with global best practices;
• An enabling environment for electronic government and business;
• The foundational systems for electronic identification to promote electronic service delivery and social inclusion; and
• The scaling up of ICT applications and services to improve services in priority sectors in Ghana. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support and or facilitate the review and further development of the legal and regulatory framework for an efficient and effective Electronic Identification (e- ID) System taking into consideration international best practice, data protection, access to information as well as integrity and security of such a system. Support the following on-going projects by facilitating the review and development of the appropriate legal framework for their successful implementation: e-Justice, e-Parliament, e-Immigration, e-Procurements- Health,e-Education
Support the MoC and the eTransform Team on general legal and regulatory advisory,
issues; and Act as the Legal Desk Officer for the Ministry of Communications. Qualification Required & Experience
The prospective candidate should have as a minimum:
• Bachelor's degree in law
• Post Graduate Qualification in ICT/Telecommunication Law.
• Professional affiliation/accreditation with a bar or legal body.
• 8 or more years of experience in ICT laws, with minimum of 2 years in General Legal Practice related activities and Ghana law.
• ractical experience in the development of cyber laws
• Ability to carry out legislative gap analysis and research.
• Experience in mergers and acquisitions negotiations.
• Should be an expert communicator in written and oral English and with a firm grasp of Ghanaian laws. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
• The Ministry of Communications now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
• Individual Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, (revised July 2014). Interested Individuals may obtain further information at the address below from Monday to Friday between 9:00a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
• Expressions of Interest may be hand delivered or sent by email to the address below by 4:00 p.m. (local time) on or before the June 12,2015. Chief Director
Room 16, First Floor Ministry of Communications
Ministerial Enclave, Accra
Attention: Project Coordinator eTransform Project
Tel:+233 302 685606
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
12 June, 2015