Our Client, a Public Service Institution invites applications from highly qualified and results oriented professionals for the following positions: Industrial Relations Advisor
• The role holder will provide industrial relations advisory support aimed at promoting employee and employer relations for the specified entities within the framework of Government policy, the efficient or profitable operations of specified entities.
• Support the development of Industrial Relations policies and procedures and advice where applicable to ensure compliance with Labour Act 2003 (Act 651) and, other relevant legislations and best practices
• Liaise with the HR department and the Unions to support HR change management processes and provide expert support to management on trade union activities and labour-management relations
• Champion grievances and disciplinary hearings to ensure procedural fairness in applying the Institution’s policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain constructive relationship with government agencies, authorities, employee associations, employees and management to foster labour union, management and government relationship
• Assist the Legal Department in the representation and articulation of the institution’s views before the Labour Commission and other ADR appearance
• Identify and anticipate areas of potential conflicts and support the development of strategies to allay these conflicts and labour actions
• Provide strategic and expert advice and counsel on industrial relations issues, including broader implications of industrial relations policy and practice on public sector service delivery
• Lead industrial relations negotiations across the public sector and intervene in major industrial cases that have a sector-wide impact
• Deliver learning and development initiatives to increase industrial relations capability for the institution and the specified entities
• Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• A minimum of Master’s Degree in Human Resource, Employee/industrial Relations or Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) or related field from a recognized university
• Professional certification or membership e.g. (CIPD, SHRM, SPHR, IHRMP).
• Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please send your application with a detailed CV to:
27 December, 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.