CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects. Our Mission
To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world Our Vision
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Information & Knowledge Management Officer for the Adaptation Learning Programme (ALP). The Adaptation Learning Programme (ALP) for Africa, implemented by CARE, develops implements and disseminates approaches for community-based adaptation to climate change in Ghana, Niger and Kenya, with growing outreach to other African countries for support to implementation of effective adaptation. In each country, community-based adaptation is tested and demonstrated in vulnerable communities in partnership with local civil society and government institutions. The experience gained is shared with civil society organisations and used to influence adaptation planning, policies and programmes at national, regional and international levels through targeted advocacy.
ALP is now promoting replication and scaling up of successful CBA approaches by governmental and non-governmental institutions engaged in planning and implementing adaptation initiatives. Job Summary
The Information & Knowledge Management Officer (I&KMO) will lead in the development and implementation of coherent information & knowledge management system at the country project level, ensuring that project staffs understand the monitoring & evaluation system and their responsibilities within the system.
The position holder will compile and analyze data from project teams to generate information/evidences for donor reports and policy-oriented publications, facilitate dissemination of learning from the program as well as demonstrate impact.
The selected candidate will have strong practical experience and knowledge in participatory monitoring & evaluation processes, implementing information & knowledge management systems and facilitating learning processes. Post reports to the project manager and also interacts with the program M&E advisor based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position holder will also work with the ALP National CSO partner-ABANTU for development, based in Accra, Program Coordinating Team (PCT) based in Nairobi, Kenya, be a member of the ALP M&E work stream, as well as interact with colleague Information & Knowledge Management Officers in Niger and Kenya.
The position will be based in Tamale with frequent travel to the project districts namely Mamprusi, Garu-Tempane and Nadowli-Kaleo and project impact communities Key Responsibilities
• Leadership role in developing and implementing coherent information & knowledge management system at Country Project level
• Facilitate, in collaboration with the ALP Ghana team and ALP programme M&E Advisor, a baseline for ALP new impact district and communities (and end line) for the project, including data collection and analysis processes
• Design and facilitate needed baseline information gathering, analysis and documentation for ALP outputs 2, 3 and 4 in Ghana
• Leadership role in compiling and analyzing data from Country Project Team to generate project-level information for donor reports, as well as for policy- and program-oriented publications (3
• Ensure ALP Ghana evidence and information generated through monitoring and learning is documented systematically and clearly in ways that can be used for a variety of purposes – donor reporting, informing improvement in CBA practice, policy messages, practical briefs etc
• With guidance from the Learning & Evidence Specialist, summarize analysis in appropriate formats to support the development of recommendations for policy and practice on community-based adaptation
• Support institutionalization of learning approaches within the Country Project
• Actively promote a culture of learning and generation of knowledge throughout the Country Project Team and among partners and stakeholders, including facilitation of sharing and reviewing knowledge for current application, as well as appropriately storing and disseminating it for use in future and by other organizations
• Contribute to evidence generation, documentation and dissemination of learning from programme to influence policies and programmes and demonstrate impact.
• Lead action research/learning and evidence generation initiatives for programme improvement, learning and to build the evidence base for advocacy
• Collaborating with Country Project Team, ALP programme M&E Advisor and ALP Learning & Evidence Specialist, as well as Information & Knowledge Management Officers in other ALP countries Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of first degree, in a relevant discipline such as rural development or social science
• At least five years of relevant working experience, including a minimum of five years working on information & knowledge management, including M&E
• Practical experience in information & knowledge management and of working with diverse teams
• S/he must be an experienced and mature officer; capable of working largely independently
• Strong experience and knowledge of developing and implementing information & knowledge management systems
• Strong practical experience with facilitating learning processes and with participatory monitoring & evaluation
• Positive experiences working with local and international partners and relationship-building
• Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to gender and diversity
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership
• Demonstrated ability to listen to and support programme staff and partners, and to work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner
• Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal fluency required. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, and Outlook; and, advanced internet searching skills.
• Ability to operate effectively under difficult circumstances. Willing to travel up to 30% of time.
• Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to CARE's core values and humanitarian principles Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:- [email protected] PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. Closing Date:
28 July, 2015 OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY