Programmes & Projects
• Annual Salary: USD 36,901 - USD 51,637
Principal Officer Programmes Support
Under the supervision of the Director of Programmes and Projects, in collaboration with the Communication and Advocacy Officer at the Secretariat, the incumbent shall head the Information Centre in Abidjan. Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop active communication and advocacy activities relevant to effective implementation of AML/CFT measures and good governance principles in West Africa;
• Ensure the planning, coordination and control of activities of the Communication and Advocacy Unit;
• Ensure internal and external visibility of the actions and outcomes of the Unit;
• Ensure efficient period reporting on activities implemented and the results to the Programme Director;
• Ensure the coordination of the Units’s staff team;
• Ensure the collection of information from various sources;
• Ensure the analysis of current issues and assess their potential impact;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of information campaigns;
• Identify and propose topics for the Newsletter, data sheets, public announcements or press releases and other promotional tools;
• Process interview requests;
• Participate in the Director General’s sensitization activities in the region;
• Ensure the processing of various information requests from third parties;
• Ensure the promotion of partnerships with civil society, particularly the media;
• Ensure the drafting of the Director General’s speeches;
• Support GIABA’s National Correspondents’ Network;
• Establish and manage the Institution’s public information centre;
• Participate in the improvement and enrichment of GIABA’s website. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication Arts, International Relations, Social Science or any other related field. Experience
• Minimum of seven (7) years of proven experience in Communication and Advocacy.
• A post-graduate degree will reduce the number of required years of experience by two (2) years.
• Experience with a regional or international organisation is desirable; Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Excellent knolwedge and good exposure to a range of media, public relations and advocacy issues;
• Adaptability, innovation, and ability to create network and strategically promote organizational goals and values
• Ability to analyze the political, social and economic environment;
• Aptitude to plan, promote and set priorities of training topics;
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills;
• Ability to work in a team and respect for diversity. Age
Applicants must not be over 50 years of age at the time of recruitment. Language
Applicants must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an added advantage. Location:
Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address: [email protected]
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1). Closing Date:
04 December, 2015