Ghana, a relatively peaceful country in the West Africa sub-region currently hosts approximately 13,000 refugees from thirty-six (36) countries across the globe. The Ghana Refugee Board (GRB) was established by PNDC LAW 305 (D) of 1992 with a broad mandate to handle and manage refugee issues, provide care, assistance and protection for all asylum seekers and refugees on the shores of Ghana. GRB is an autonomous agency of the Ministry of the Interior.
The Board is chaired by an official appointed by the President, and composed of representatives from the Ghana Police, Immigration, National Security, Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Education, Gender and Social Welfare, Attorney General and Justice and the National Disaster Management Organization with an observer status for UNHCR representation.
Board functions are performed within the following legal framework: Ghana Refugee Law of 1992; the 1951 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees; the 1969 OAU Convention Governing Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa. GRB’s day-to-day affairs are handled by a Secretariat under an Executive Secretary appointed by the President on the advice of the Public Service Commission.
GRB is seeking to recruit suitably motivated and qualified persons for the following positions: Information Technology (IT) Officer
• To provide frontline IT operational support services for the day-to-day running of the
Duties and Responsibilities
• Co-ordinates the installation of IT equipment and systems; and supervises the repair, upgrading and maintenance of IT equipment, systems and resources;
• Provides technical support for IT infrastructure and systems; inspects and validates newly procured IT equipment and systems; and compiles and monitors IT warranties and service level agreement with IT solutions providers;
• Collates inputs for the Unit’s budget preparation;
• Produces draft technical reports; and updates staff records in the database;
• Provides technical solutions to problems relating to IT infrastructure; and inputs for the development of IT user training manuals
• Undertakes troubleshooting on IT infrastructure and systems and submits a report for appropriate action; and provides regular in-house IT system maintenance for end-users;
• Performs authorized IT system upgrades; and collates data to support the development of IT user training manuals;
• Organizes for the delivery of user training and user-support; and provides help-desk services to the staff of the organization.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science, Network Management, Information Technology (IT), or an equivalent professional qualification, awarded by a recognized Technical University (Polytechnic Institute) or an accredited Institution;
• A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant work experience in a reputable public or private sector organization;
• Must have completed the statutory National Service and possess a certificate to that effect;
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by GRB Management, in consultation with the Governing Board.
• Ability to interpret and analyze complex IT rules, regulations, procedures and set standards;
• Ability to interpret and analyze IT designs, manuals and applications;
• Ability to undertake personal computer Installation, maintenance and upgrade;
• PC Technical Support;
• PC Installation and Maintenance and Upgrade;
• Laptop Installation and Maintenance and Upgrade;
• PC User Training;
• PCU Support Services;
• Ethical leadership, coaching skills;
• Good communication skills;
• Basic Administrative and managerial skills;
• Good data collection skills;
• Ability to use software to analyze data;
• Research (Internet and documentary) skills;
• Ability to work in Teams;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Letter/Memo/Minutes/Report writing skills;
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your CV and statement of purpose to:
Only those who meet the criteria above should apply
31 May, 2019