The West African Examinations Council, a sub-regional organisation responsible for the conduct of a variety of examinations in the English-speaking West African countries, invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill the following vacant position at its Ghana National Office.
As an Information Technology, Software-Specialist, you will be responsible for performing the following duties among others
• Installation and supporting LANs, WANs, Network assignments, and intranet systems
• Determine network and system rerquirements
• Monitor network to enure security and avalabllltv to specific users
• Analyse and isolate issues
• Identify user needs
• Installation and maintenance of network hardware and software
• Design and deploy networks
• Evaluate and modify systems's performance
• Perform network address assignment
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree (at least Second Class Honours) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a recognised University.
• At least three years post degree qualification experience.
The applicant for the position must have the following demonstrable attributes. He/she must:
• be results-oriented and have unquestionable integrity .
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• be a team player
• have ability to build and maintain credible working relationships
• be computer literate with typing skills
• have leadership ability
• have good organizational and co-ordination skills
How To Apply For The Job
• Interested candidates are requested to pick application forms from the Council's Headquarters, (HRM Secretariat, Room F3), behind Ridge Hospital, Accra.
• Candidates may also download Application Forms from the Council's website at the following address; www.waecheadquartersgh.org
• The completed application forms should be submitted not later than October 12, 2015 to the following address:
The West African Examinations Council
P.O. Box 125
Deputy Director, HRM, Headquarters, Accra
12 October, 2015