Information Units Coordinator/ Ivory Coast – Ghana Borders Supervision:
ALCO Executive Secretary Contract duration:
Two (02) years, renewable Job start date:
February 1, 2016 Work place:
Ivory Coast-Ghana Borders Background and Justification
• The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is sub regional intergovernmental organization which was established in 2002 with the mission of reducing HIV impact on interregional trade in West Africa. In fact, in view of the increase of migrations on main roads and fostering economic growth, the Heads of States of member countries namely the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria put in place this organization to facilitate road transit and transport as well as the development and implementation of a sub regional HIV/AIDS response.
• During its first ten (10) years of service provision, ALCO largely contributed to the improvement of border posts environment and hospital infrastructures from Abidjan to Lagos, STIS and AIDS treatment, as well as the reduction of travelers’ transit time.
• Within the framework of the New Funding Mechanism, the Global Fund (GF)grant allocated to ALCO took new directions. This grant focuses on a gradual transition of HIV prevention services to national programs and a reposition of interventions toward strengthening community system as well as the defense of human rights. The grant covers the period from 2016 to2018.
• Aware of the challenges in the framework of the implementation of this grant, ALCO undertook actions in order to efficiently manage the resources which will be made available in the framework of this funding. To this effect, ALCO is recruiting an Information Units Coordinator/ Ivory Coast-Ghana borders. The incumbent will be based at the border of one of the countries mentioned. Description of duties
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary of ALCO, (s)he will carry out the following duties in the countries (s)he will be operating:
• Develop in collaboration with SB and SSB a micro plan for the implementation of activities
• Coordinate and supervise the implementation of all activities planned for the projectin his area of operations.
• Provide technical support to SB and (SSB) Sub Recipients (NGOS, health center, BAC etc) in order to facilitate the synergy and complementarity between ALCO ME activities and activitiesof the national body.
• Train site officers and data collection officers in the use of collection tools in view of ensuring collection of quality data.
• Train site officers in the proper use of computer tools (Excel).
• Ensure data collection at the level of SB according to scheduled frequency (monthly, quarterly).
• Ensure data collection tools are available on sites.
• Maintain good records and proper archiving of both reports and data collection tools.
• Conduct together with SB and SBB a monthly report on the implementation of activities in their micro planning.
• Ensure the reliability and quality of datacollected and transmitted by SB and SSB.
• Establish a database for Global Fund project at concerned countries level, in view of regularly providing thesystem with general databaseof various countries.
• Ensure liaison withFocal Pointsat the level of National Aids Control Committee (NACC) on behalf of the project, as well as the collaboration with all relevant partners at countries level especially UNAIDS.
• Organize quarterly missions in view of monitoring and verifying data at the level of both Sub Recipients and Sub Sub-recipients.
• Participate in joint supervision missions with (National Aids Program) NAPand partners on the project sites.
• Participate on behalf of ALCO in meetings organized by main partners, NAP/NACC., NACC, CCM, UNAIDS thematic group and report the project main achievements at the national level in his area of operations
• Ensure non-duplication of data, targets and activities carried out in the framework of the project at the national level as well as the smooth implementation of the continuum of care.
• Coordinate quarterly meetings nationally in collaboration withthe Focal Point for the validation and dissemination of data validated by LFA and Global Fund in favor of the national body as well as partners.
• Prepare periodic activities reports, and transmit information within time limits to ALCO Monitoring/Evaluation unit.
• Provide technical support toNACC in the implementation of activities geared towards the fight against Aids.
• Ensure that ALCO’s data are taken into account in HIV national reports.
• Submit to the Executive Secretary, NAP/NACC., ALCO’s Focal Point at countries level, PGB/CCM and UNAIDS, quarterly and annual activities reports on the project achievements at countries level in his area of operations.
• Upon requestfrom Managementprovideto PGB/CRCand UNAIDS thematic group, quarterly and annual activities reports on the project achievements at countries level in his area of operations. Qualification Required & Experience
Required profile and competence
• The incumbent must hold a minimum four-year university degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Social Sciences, Medicine or Public Health, with at least 5 years professional experience in the field of HIV/AIDS.
• The successful candidate must have proven experiences in public health/epidemiology, reproductive health, the planning and management of statistical data.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge in monitoring evaluation and operational research including sentinel monitoring.
• Must have proven competence in the use of computer tools (word processing, database management, data analysis, reporting, and good command of the Internet/intranet).
• Must be able to assume his responsibilities with precision and within the prescribed time limit.
• Must have good knowledge of the country’s health system especially the policy in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
• Must have proven experience of collaboration with local and international partners including NGOS, CBOS, and the private sector involved in the fight against HIV/Aids.
• Must have at least two years of experience with Global Fund procedures, including the preparation of quarterly reports, development of budgeted action plans, and the preparation of quarterly control mission of LFA.
• Must have participated in research and evaluations in health sector including the epidemiological monitoring.
• Must have thorough knowledge of statistical software and database management system (Excel, Epi-Info , SPSS, ACCESS)
• Must be able to work diligently and under pressure.
• Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication with an aptitude for assistance/counseling
• Must have excellent control of the French Language and good control of English reading and writing skills. Location:
Ivory Coast-Ghana Borders How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae, a letter of motivation, a copy of their degrees, three professional references and their expected salary range to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
22 December, 2015
Only preselected candidates will be contacted.