Frannan International UK, Managers of the Ghana Field Support Services of Innovative Financing Technical Specialist to provide professional, technical specialist (Consultants) to provide professional, technical, strategic and advisory consulting services to the Canadian Development Assistance programme in Ghana. Scope of Work
• Global Affairs Canada's (GAC) International Assistance programme in Ghana is seeking innovative ways of unlocking private funds towards the SDGs.
• To continue the planning of relevant and catalytic projects and support the Government of Ghana, in exploring further innovative financing to attract global financial resources for the SDGs, GAC requires the services of an Innovative Financing Technical Specialist, to provide advice to the Ghana Programme on a range of blended financial opportunities that GAC could tap into, in relation to current development programming in Ghana, including in the area of climate Finance and to provide support in engagement with partners (e.g. via the Ghana National Plastic Action Partnership) and in the development and implementation of new programming focusing on innovative financing for development.
• Of particular interest is mobilizing capital for investment in the circular economy, clean energy and sustainable infrastructure.
• The technical advisor will explicitly and systematically integrate women and girls empowerment, as well as considerations related to reducing gender equality gaps and eliminating barriers linked to reducing gender equality gaps and eliminating barriers linked to gender equality, vulnerability and inclusion, into all aspects of her/his work.
• This consultancy is on a part-time basis and approximately over 14 months, starting in July 2021 abd estimated to be up to 120 days maximum per the calendar year Qualification Required & Experience
• Post-graduate degree from an accredited recognised institution in a relevant discipline such as business administration, economics, finance, international development or relevant fields. Additional graduate qualifications will be considered as assets
• At least 3 years of experience in working the field of social entrepreneurship, innovation, venture capital, private equity, impact investment, project incubation & acceleration or project finance
• Experience working in an international financial institution/development financial institution and/or other bilateral donors in the context of innovative financing for development
• Ability to innovative and work within and across government and private institutions on private sector financing solutions for development (ideally with an understanding of available solutions)
• Experience and understanding of policy, advocacy, evaluation, business and finance
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in writing and researching on public and/or private finance
• Demonstrated experience in writing concisely and clearly on complex economic and financing topics
• Experience on financing for development topics/processes, especially innovative finance
• Strong knowledge of the international and regional sustainable finance and other experiences on blended/innovative financing projects. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV and a one-page cover letter only by e-mail to: [email protected]
Describing how they meet the minimum requirements outlined above. Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted and sent a request for proposals (REP) document to complete for this consultancy Closing Date:
14 May, 2021