The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons from the University for the following Administrative/Professional position in the Department of Distance Education, College of Education: POSITION:
Instructional Technologist and Designer REPORTING TO:
Head, Department of Distance Education GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
• The Instructional Technologist and Designer will work with the Sakai E-Learning Team and academic staff at the Department of Distance Education, School of Continuing and Distance Education (SCDE) to create and customize materials and multimedia for web-enhanced, blended, and online course in the University’s distance Education (DE) programme as well as continuing professional development courses.
• The Instructional Technologist and Designer will work specifically with Lecturers from participating academic disciplines in the DE programme to design, customize, and produce course materials and resources reflective of SCDE’s web-enhanced, blended, and online modules and programmes in the Sakai Learning Management system. He/she will be responsible for uploading of multimedia, videos, podcast and interactive images for e-learning modules as well as modules designed for training educators in the field. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Assisting lecturers to design, customize, produce and update multimedia course materials and resources reflective of SCDE’s web-enhanced, blended and online modules and programme
• Copying course materials/modules and interactive resources created in the Distance Education and E-learning Community
• Uploading content to build online assessments in the Sakai Learning Management System
• Creating and updating resources to train and support participants (i.e. students, faculty and staff) on how to use appropriate educational technologies in the DE programme and continuing professional development courses
• Train faculty, staff and students on the institutional LMS Qualification Required & Experience The successful applicant must:
• be a staff of the University of Ghana;
• have a good first degree plus a Master’s degree in Educational Technology, E-Learning or a related field, from a recognised institution; and,
• have at least two years relevant post-qualification experience. SKILLS REQUIRED
• Strong technology skills, including but not limited to knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, knowledge of Learning Management Systems and course design.
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills, and good judgement in communicating with University faculty and staff, representatives from external organizations and vendors.
• Must be able to think strategically to guide production projects.
• Demonstrated ability to use technology to support instructional objectives, such as live webinars software, rich media, lecture capture, video conferencing, screen recording software, Web 2, 3, and 4 tools, class-based tools such as interactive whiteboards/smart classrooms. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana via: [email protected]
(Soft Copy). The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Administrative/Professional positions (UAB Form 1B)
to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae with supporting educational and professional certificates. Closing Date:
08 May, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.