The Project contributes to the development of Governance by improving transparency, internal accountability, participation and public service delivery. Scope of the Role:
The intern will be part of the Public Financial Management (PFM) of GovID Programme. The job will entail working with national institutions like the MoF, MLGDRD, MDAs, RCCs and MMDAs to strengthen public financial management that is geared towards inclusive development. The focus will be on supporting the PFM Component in advising MDAs and MMDAs in planning and budgeting for inclusive development. Tasks
• Support the design and implementation of capacity building projects with partner institutions to strengthen budget implementation at the national and sub-national levels
• Contribute to the timely implementation of workplans
• Assist in the monitoring of activities
• Contribute to the reporting and knowledge management of the GovID Programme
• Support the design and preparation of workshops, seminars and other events for the component
• Support regular engagements with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders
• Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management Qualification Required & Experience
• Students currently enrolled in a Master’s Programme or having finished their Bachelor’s degree in the field of Public Administration, Economics, Development Studies or related fields less than six months ago by the start of the internship may apply.
• Foundational knowledge and strong interest in Public Financial Management, Budgeting, Decentralisation, Public Service Delivery
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Motivated team player with an organized, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach
• Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken)
• Ideally, you have already gained some practical experience in international cooperation.
• The use of all Microsoft suits Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
indicating Intern, PFM in the subject space.
Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful. GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply. Closing Date:
14 February, 2022