• The Public Financial Management (PFM) Component of GovID’s main objective is to strengthen the capacity for budgetary management that is geared towards inclusive development (at the national and sub-national levels).
• Partner institutions include Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Gender & social Protection, National Planning Commission and Financial Intelligence Center Scope of the Role:
• The intern will be part of the Public Financial Management (PFM) Component of the Governance for Inclusive Development (GovID) Programme, working specifically on interventions combatting illicit financial flows (IFFs) and serious and organized crime (SOC).
• The GovID team works with Law Enforcement Agencies and other relevant state and non-state institutions to strengthen structures and systems aligned with national policies on combatting IFF & SOC in Tasks
• Support the planning, preparing, implementing, monitoring and communicating of capacity building interventions with partner institutions to strengthen systems aligned with national policies that combat illicit financial flows and serious and organised crime.
• Contribute to the timely implementation of workplans and assist in monitoring of activities and report on progress
• Contribute to the reporting and knowledge management of the GovID Programme
• Support in the organization of workshops, meetings, events and trainings including the preparation of the agenda, logistical organization and preparing other relevant documentation before and after event including report writing
• Conduct desk research, including media monitoring, on issues or themes related to IFF/SOC in Ghana which would be of potential relevance to the
• Support regular engagements with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders Qualification Required & Experience
• Students currently enrolled in a master’s Programme or having finished their Bachelor’s degree in the field of Public Administration, Economics, Development Studies or any relevant field of the social sciences less than six months ago by the start of the internship may apply
• Foundational knowledge and strong interest in good governance and corruption related issues with particularly focus on Serious and Organized Crime related issues including Illicit Financial flows, AntiMoney Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Motivated team player with an organized, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach
• Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken)
• Ideally, you have already gained some practical experience in international cooperation. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
/ [email protected]
Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race,
and religion are encouraged to apply. Closing Date:
15 April, 2022