NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Intern (Sustainable Energy for Climate Protection (SE4C)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• The Sustainable Energy for Climate Protection (SE4C) project is supporting the Ministry of Ghana in improving the financial sustainability of the energy sector and the framework conditions for promoting investments in renewable energies and energy efficiency and aims at strengthening the Ghanaian climate goals and sustainable and inclusive economic development.
Scope of Role:
• The intern will be part of two components of the SE4C project: public utilities and private sector. The job will entail working with both component teams, supervised by the component manager, to support successful project implementation.
• The intern will take over a variety of tasks, supporting the organization of workshops and meetings, including follow-up tasks and knowledge management, as well as supporting the daily work of the technical team.
• Support the design and preparation of workshops, seminars and other events, from preparation to follow-up work.
• Draft invitation letters, meeting agendas, preparing participants’ lists.
• Take meeting minutes and support with documentation of workshop outcomes.
• Contribute to the reporting and knowledge management of the SE4C project.
• Contribute to the timely implementation of workplans.
• Support regular engagements with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders.
• Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Student currently enrolled in a Master’s Programme or a graduate, having finished their Bachelor’s degree in the field of business administration, business management, accounting, renewable energies, energy efficiency, climate management, development studies or related fields (who is seeking an internship opportunity to enhance skills acquired from national service or earlier internships).
• Foundational knowledge and strong interest in renewable energies, especially solar energy, energy efficiency, climate protection, and private sector cooperation and development.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Motivated team player with an organized, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach.
• Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken).
• Ideally, you have already gained some practical experience in international cooperation.
• The use of all Microsoft suite.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code 2023/SE4C/01/09 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 08 September, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.