The Governing council of Cape Coast Technical University Announces the Executive Search for hardworking, resourceful and visionary persons for the following position: Internal Auditor
The Internal Auditor shall be:
• Responsible for the internal audit of the accounts and financial transactions of the University.
• Required to report to the Governing Council through the Audit Committee.
• Responsible for the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective financial control system.
• Responsible for vetting all proposed expenditure to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements.
• Responsible for conducting periodic examination of the accounts of the University including all units with limited financial and operational autonomy.
• Required to monitor and ensure that all expenditure incurred has been authorized and are within budgetary provisions.
• Responsible for conducting periodic management audit and submit reports to the Vice-Chancellor and the Governing Council of the University.
• Responsible for liaising with External Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings.
• Required to submit periodic audit reports on the activities of all Units of the University to the Council through the Vice-Chancellor.
• Responsible for ensuring that the University complies with the Internal Audit Agency Act, 2003 (Act 565) and all other relevant statutory regulations.
• Required to perform any other functions that the Vice-Chancellor and the Governing Council assign from time to time.
Terms of Appointment:
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University consistent with the Technical Universities, Act 2016 (Act 922) as amended and Statutes of Cape Coast Technical University.
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Possess a minimum of research Master’s degree in Library or Information Science related studies. A PhD in Library Science or Studies is preferable
• Have served as a Deputy Librarian in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least three (3) years.
• Have a minimum of fifteen (15) cumulative publications.
• Be a scholar and a member of a Professional Body in Librarianship/Information Science.
• Be computer literate and be conversant with Library Software.
• Demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism.
• Be innovative and knowledgeable in procedures on the implementation of new technologies and Library services.
• Be able to ensure that adequate Library and research resources are available to meet faculty and student needs within assigned budget.
How to Apply For the Job
• Candidates are to submit six (6) copies each of their application letter attached to their Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four (4) pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
• Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address below (as applicable) and copied to the email addresses below not later than February 27, 2019
Search Committee for Director of Internal Audit
c/o Office of the Registrar
Cape Coast Technical University
P. O. Box DL50
Email: [email protected]
27 February, 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED