A well-established infrastructural and commodity firm is seeking an objective and a highly competent professional for the position of an Internal Auditor.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for adding value and improving the organization’s operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The successful candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of auditing, accounting procedures and a sound judgement. Responsibilities
• Set up the company’s internal audit function in line with best practice standards..
• Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
• Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
• Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, etc.
• Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
• Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement of the organization.
• Perform ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks or fraud and promote ethics.
• Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
• Maintain open communication with management and external auditors.
• Identify the financial risk of the company and offer recommendations to reduce risk.
• Identify accounting and financial record-keeping processes that can be improved.
• Evaluate financial documents for accuracy and compliance with regulations.
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
• Monitor the company’s compliance with statutory, legal, and regulatory standards and guidelines and best practice.
• Establish processes and procedures that will enhance healthy inter subsidiary relationship. Any other auditing duties that may be assigned from time to time. Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a degree in accounting or finance from a recognized university.
• Minimum of five years of working experience at a management level as a Senior Auditor.
• Must have ACCA or ICA qualification or be a chartered auditor.
• Advanced IT literacy, software and databases.
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
• Sound independent judgement and critical thinking skills.
• Should be a self-starter and able to work without supervision.
• Strong communication skills. Location:
Tema How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should email cvs with the job title in the subject following address: [email protected] Closing Date:
07 June, 2021