The objectives of the Internal Audit Division, Office of the Auditor General is to provide Management with independent and objective appraisals and audit information on the Operations of the Bank. The Division is responsible for ensuring the systems of the internal controls maintained by the Bank are adequate and effective to safeguard its assets, the reliability, accuracy and integrity of management information systems and related policies, plans, procedures and records and their adequacy to effectively accomplish intended objectives. The Division shall appraise the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed to meet objectives and recommend improvements as required for achievement of such objectives; ensure compliance with governing Bank agreements, rules, regulations, policies and procedures in order to ascertain that the objectives of the Bank are accomplished, detect and prevent irregularities and abuses by conducting investigations at the request of the President and the Boards of Directors, ensure the implementation of audit recommendations to correct reported internal control weaknesses and/or deficient conditions and advice management of the risks (s) assumed of not taking corrective action on reported findings and recommendations.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the General supervision of the Manager, the Internal Auditor :
Plans and conducts audit/investigations of assigned activities or operations relating to the Operational functions of the Bank:
• Reviews functions and activities to determine the nature of operations, procedures, and related internal controls to achieve established objectives;
• Determines the scope, nature and timing of audit activities;
• Designs audit procedures and programs;
• Holds opening conferences to communicate with auditees on issues related to the audits;
• Prepares audit planning memoranda for the Auditor General’s approval;
• Determines the adequacy and effectiveness of established internal control to prevent and/or detect errors and irregularities;
• Determines the accuracy of financial information and the other disclosures provided;
• Directs, counsels and instructs audit assistants in the performance of audit assignments and ensure compliance with time schedule;
• Advises management on an ongoing basis, on Operational controls and compliance issues to prevent costly errors and irregularities;
• Holds exit conference with auditees to discuss audit findings and recommendations.
Prepares audit reports and submits them for the Auditor General’s approval:
• Expresses opinions on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the systems, control procedures in place to achieve established objectives and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal control and reduce cost;
• Provides advisory services to other Bank’s Organizational Units as requested by the Manager and or/ the Auditor General.
• Undertakes ad hoc assignments as requested by the Manager and or/ the Auditor General.
Qualification Required & Experience
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
• At least a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and/or an internationally recognized Professional Accounting/Auditing Qualification (“Expert comptable” Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation).
• A minimum of 5 years of auditing experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm or an international Financial Institution.
• Sound knowledge and auditing experience of operational and financial instruments and information systems such as SAP/R3 system, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Integrated Audit Approach would be of a comparative advantage.
• Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills. Demonstrated writing skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
• Proficient in the use of the Bank standard softwares: Excel, Word, Power points; MS projects, Access, Visio, etc.
• Proficiency in the use of computer Aided Audit Tools like ACL, PENTANA, Teammate, etc.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online
30 September, 2015
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply