Initiative Development Ghana
Accounting / Auditing
Job Vacancy For Internal Auditor At Initiative Development Ghana
Initiative Development Ghana FNGO (ID Ghana – www.idghana.org) is a financial NGO established in 1998 to provide financial & non-financial services to the productive poor in deprived areas. ID Ghana brings “social microfinance” services to the poorest communities across greater Accra by coupling microloan and savings financial services with social support, training, group support and health insurance access. Through these services, ID Ghana hopes to empower beneficiaries to improve their socio-economic conditions. From one head office, five service centres and two points of service covering most of the deprived areas of greater Accra, ID Ghana serves 12,000 beneficiaries with 55 committed and dedicated staff members.
ID Ghana seeks to employ a Ghanaian national for the following position: Internal Auditor
• Reporting to the General Manager and in conjunction with ID Ghana’s governance structure, the Internal Audit and Risk Manager is mainly responsible for assisting management in assessing, tracking and measuring risk, and putting into place effective mitigation measures.
• He/she will manage internal control and governance processes through independent, objective monitoring and consultative activities which are designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. A secondary role is to conduct compliance audit when controls deemed insufficient.
• The Auditor will also conduct or sanction special investigations when irregularities and suspicious practices are detected.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Higher qualification in any of the following: Business / Finance, Management / Project Management or Development-related discipline
• Knowledge of the living and working conditions faced by Ghana’s poorest communities and passion for improving them
• Basic knowledge of social microfinance or other poverty alleviation methods
• A minimum of 5 years working experience, with at least 3 of those years at a similar or related position
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and data management/analysis
• Ability to communicate in Ga and Akan/Twi; additional local languages is a plus
• Knowledge of banking/financial business operations and risk-based auditing
• Ability to manage projects and supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately
• Understanding of internal auditing standards and ability to fully comply with standards
• Demonstrated leadership capacity and ability to work independently, lead a team and bring new ideas
• Must be very dynamic and have excellent communication and organisational skills
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, send a cover letter detailing the qualifications you have for this specific position, your CV (including contact telephone numbers and e-mail address) and 3 professional references to:
Info.email@example.com with “IA” as reference in the subject
Closing Date: 31 October, 2015