This consultancy will involve completion of the following tasks:
• Draft an Inception Report within the first two working weeks of the assignment confirming financing approaches identified, key stakeholders to be engaged, key questions to be addressed in the final report and updated workplan.
• Prepare a draft report on household sanitation financing in Ghana with the following details and present for sector review:
• key household sanitation projects and programmes in Ghana including relevant data on financing of toilets.
• information on past, present and future interventions relating to sanitation financing.
• findings of global research that may inform financing in Ghana and/or address information gaps. The research should include those that have investigated the impacts of sanitation financing (social and economic)
• gaps in sector understanding of sanitation financing for the purposes of future research
• analysis of household sanitation financing options
• Finalize the assessment report on household basic sanitation financing options in Ghana
• Draft a 2- 4 pages summary on the key household sanitation financing options for key policy makers
• Develop a PowerPoint presentation on key findings to enable the MSWR to disseminate findings (maximum of 20 slides)
Qualification Required & Experience
To qualify for this consultancy you need to have
• Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Public Finance, Economics, Sanitation Engineering, or a relevant field.
• Qualifications and experience in areas of communication and writing are highly desirable
• Eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience within the WASH and/or finance sectors; with demonstrated strong experience in both areas
• Regional and Ghanaian experience an advantage
• Fluency in English required.
• A demonstrable expert understanding of the latest developments and innovations within sanitation financing
• Strong writing and communication skills, with proven ability to develop concise, informative and accessible pieces of literature
• Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Publisher, other publishing and photo editing software experience is an asset
• Initiative and resourcefulness. Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other team members and partners
• Gender equity and diversity awareness
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
17 December, 2019