We are looking for a proactive and hands-on individual to lead the engineering and optimization of the IP transport network and its related infrastructure. Key Responsibilities IP Network Engineering
• Ensure proper capacity management (planning, dimensioning and expansion) in line with agreed guidelines, for the IP transport network (routers, switches, firewalls, caches, DNS, Internet gateways, peering gateways etc.)
• Ensure resilience for all network nodes and links to guarantee achievement of agreed network availability and service KPIs.
• Maintain and report on updated network documentation including but not limited to network architecture diagrams, hardware and software release levels, design principles (HLD, LLD), service call flows etc.
• Review and approve integration designs, new service provisioning, capacity expansions, operational change requests etc. on the data network.
• Enforce system and network security best-practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data network infrastructure.
• Act as the authority and centre of excellence for the network with a deep understanding of the associated standards, protocols, industry developments and best practices. IP Network Optimization
• Perform proactive monitoring of defined Key Performance Indicators and drive timely intervention by managed services resources to guarantee availability and excellent customer experience.
• Ensure efficient usage of network resources. Qualification Required & Experience Required Qualification and Experience Network Utilization
• Data Network KPIs
• Availability Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Delivery Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Maintain up-to-date documentation on current network architecture and services. PERSON QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering
• Sound knowledge of telecommunications and IP technologies
• 4 years’ experience in a similar role Professional Certifications:
• IP Networking: CCNA (mandatory), CCDP/CCNP (Desirable)
• Security: CompTIA Security+ (Desirable)
• Project management: PRINCE2/PMP (Desirable)
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject. Closing Date:
26 November, 2021
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.