Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us. Job Summary ROLE TITLE:
IT Infrastructure Support Engineer REPORTS TO:
IT Security Specialist and Windows & Messaging Admin FUNCTION:
Information Technology DEPARTMENT:
Finance ROLE PURPOSE:
The role, under the supervision of the IT Security Specialist and Windows& Messaging Administrator , will be responsible for 1st level routine and preventative maintenance of all operational security and windows & messaging environment Key Accountabilities
Support daily Server operations and management of IT Security Infrastructure
• Administer the IT security system infrastructure components on day-to-day basis
• Support virtual windows server environment and the directory systems
• Basic support for day-to-day basis for the VoIP network Key Activities / Decision Areas
• Provides 1st and 2nd Level support services to users by addressing problems or issues involving enterprise LAN infrastructure through the Help Desk function
• Provides 1st and 2nd level technical support to users by answering questions and isolating problems: Answers customer calls in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Keep up to date information on all open, work-in-progress and assigned incidents.
• Responsible for the daily 1st level operational support for all security and systems on corporate LAN and WAN
• Create, test and implement initial configuration on windows servers and security appliances to meet specified network and project requirements.
• Maintains an on-call status, as required, to respond to emergency situations that may arise during or outside of normal business hours.
• Support the management of the Microsoft Infrastructure Platform (Active Directory, Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, Exchange Server, File Server and the
• Assists peers with general server maintenance of other Microsoft Windows servers.
• Monitors mail servers, replication, and mail routing.
• Researches problems, resolves issues, provides root cause analysis and documents findings.
• Takes corrective action as required (e.g. restarts mail services on a server) ensuring reliable service levels.
• Periodically performs system updates and other systems functions during off-peak hours, such as evenings and weekends
• Any other assignment as prescribed by network and security Systems
• Specialist, window and Messaging administrator or Head of IT Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology , Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering or Related Areas
• Professional Certification: CCNP, CISSP/Security+ or CCNA security, MCITP , CCNA Voice etc.
• 2- 3 years of Network Security and windows servers experience in an Enterprise Network, Telecommunication or ISP
• Knowledge in virtual server environment
• Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude.
• Results oriented and meets deadlines
• Good work ethics and good personal behaviour
• Good communication skills
• Innovative Location:
Sefwi Chirano near Bibiani How To Apply For The Job:
Applicants are to submit their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to: [email protected]
or The Human Resource Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani Closing Date:
17 February 2013
Applicants are to indicate the position in the subject area when applying online.