IBIS is a Danish International NGO that works for a just world in which all people have equal access to education, influence and resources.Through the capacity strengthening of local civil society organisations, IBIS works to address the structural causes of poverty by promoting individual and collective rights of citizens' participation in governance, empowering quality basic education as well as human rights and democratisation. Job Sumamry
The IT Officer will be primarily responsible for the organisation's current IT and communications network and systems, ensuring the maintenance, integration, and smooth running of new and old systems and providing strategic overview of all IT systems to meet future business and system requirements. Main Responsibilities
• Provide or manage the servicing and maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing of hardware and other IT infrastructure
• Monitor, manage and maintain computers, peripherals and network of the organisation
• Ensure regular updates and upgrades of systems.
• Provide hardware, software and network support to all staff
• Software and hardware installations and configuration
• Exercise administrative oversight of organisation's domain and web-hosting services
• Organise regular IT schedules to address policy and practical gaps in the organisation
• Document all relevant activities in the IT environment including access credentials, licenses etc,
• Provide IT Support for all staff
• Support administration with technical inputs for procurement
• Negotiate and administer supplier contracts and service agreements.
• Communicate regularly with management and all users of IT services and systems. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent education/certification and experience
• A ppst graduate qualification or certificate related to the position will be an advantage
• A good mix of knowledge on hardware, software, network, and security
• Knowledge of domains, webhosting and website technologies
• Progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment.
• Experience in working with non-profits organisation's preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work without supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong people management skills
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
• We look forward to receiving a motivated application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae completed in English.
• Please state clearly on the subject on the email the job being applied for and forward application to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
19 June, 2015
IBIS considers diversity to be an advantage and we encourage everybody irrespective of gender and of religious, sexual or ethnic affiliation - to apply for this position