IITA-Ghana is seeking an IT Officer to work in the Tamale office.
• Administration and monitoring of both local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WLAN)
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Setting up user permissions and controlling access to both LAN and WLANS
• Regular maintenance of LAN and WLAN as well as all computer systems (both hardware and software). These tasks include:
1) Keeping up to date inventories of all equipment
2) Ensuring that anti-virus protection measures for all IITA computers at the station are in place, active and up to date
3) Patching all systems and ensuring software is up to date
4) Documentation of all systems
• Advising the station Management regarding new technologies or upgrading of existing installed technologies, recommended suppliers and contractors regarding IT network, hardware and software purchases
• Management of third party contracts and subscriptions for the delivery of IT products and services. May include responsibility for contract monitoring and procurement.
• Maintaining the IT Network policy and Procedures manuals and software licensing
• Monitor traffic and information flow on systems to ensure systems run effectively
• Ensure availability of equipment spares and supplies
• Liaising with IT support at other IITA sites within Western Africa region plus Headquaters.
• Preparation and management of the IT budget for Western Africa region
• Development and maintenance of the WLAN networks (Satellite, fibre, radio, Internet,etc)
• Continous improvement of network intrusion security and Antivirus protection procedures to achieve a secure and virus - free networking environment.
• Dissemination of specific procedures manuals for operating routines and network management tasks
• Maintenance of a comprehensive and functional inventory of IITA IT equipment (hardware and software)
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc/HND in Computer Science with 3-4 years hands on experience
How To Apply For The Job
Applications including curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to the Station Administrator, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and submitted to:-
31 October, 2015