Ghana Date Posted:
18-Jun-2020 Full Time / Part Time:
Full Time Contract Type:
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready? Role Purpose
• Deliver IT Operations / Run Strategy towards the vision of being the IT Partner of Choice.
• Run IT Platforms, Infrastructure & Applications. They including but not limited to the Rating, Charging & Billing platforms. VAS Platforms including, CRBT, SMS, IVR, IT. The Data Centres & the resident IT infrastructure. IT Connectivity resilient & seamlessly interfacing via the IPMPLS network ensuring requisite accessibility. Provide the enabling platforms /environments for stakeholders to deliver services to all customers, Consumer, Enterprise, Mobile Money, Finance, HR, Legal, Technology Customer Operations, Digital Channels, Sales etc. & deliver services to customers seamlessly.
• In providing 2nd line Support, Interface with 1st Line Support to facilitate IT Service Management. Work with Service Operations team to deliver ITSM under ITIL guidelines – Incident Management, Change Management & Problem Management.
• Ensure effective & efficient Partner & Vendor Management in the Infrastructure and Service Operations space and work with other teams & departments (for example, The IT Strategy & Architecture team, Service Operations, Tech Security & PMO) to optimize service delivery. Ensure key metrics & KPIs’ are met & improved upon across all IT Service Platforms.
• Deliver synergy from managing multiple IT Service Platforms & drive IT Operations Evolution to cover Network Function Virtualization. Responsibilities
• Stake holder Management: Interface well with the business & Vodafone group; and provide high levels of assurance to the business on the performance of IT Services.
• Accountable for key Service Performance & Availability.
• Accountable for Rating Charging & Billing Performance, Accuracy & Availability.
• Accountable for Mobile Money Service Performance & Availability.
• Accountable for resource development to effectively manage rating, charging & billing solutions.
• Accountable for resource development to effectively manage Mobile Money Solutions.
• Accountable for resource development to effectively manage VAS Solutions including but not limited to SMS, CRBT, IVR solutions.
• Implement BSS Transformation towards Cloud.
• Own Datacentre operations for all IT data centres including shared Data Centres. IT core Network and related switch fabric, server infrastructure, storage infrastructure and the environment (power, cooling etc).
• Accountable for VCentre & Cloud Operations. Ensure Cloud is well setup and well run and team is well setup and equipped to deliver Cloud operations that are always available and an enabler to Business growth and success.
• Accountable for Database operations. Ensure databases are well setup and optimized in operations and the DBAs are well equipped to deliver a superior service to help drive Business growth and success.
• Accountable for IT Network Operations. Ensure the IT Network is optimized and fully resilient and an enabler to all services reaching our users and by extension customers at all times.
• Drive Team skill & Talent development. Equip the Team with the right skills and tools to deliver.
• Accountable for Storage Operations. Ensure the storage platforms are setup efficiently to optimize services to applications, databases and other teams and ensure the team is well resourced.
• Accountable for Application Operations for all of BSS. Ensure Application Operations team is equipped with the right skills, tools KT and documentation to operate effectively and deliver high quality services to end users and help drive Business growth and performance.
• Support Call Centre Solutions delivery and own the running of the service.
• Support the Rating, Charging & Billing Solutions and ensure continuous improvement to service delivery.
• Accountable for IT Network Operations.
• Accountable for energizing team to become total professionals and customer champions. A cultural change in line with working Agile and driving a deep culture of Customer Centricity! Qualification Required & Experience Experience
• Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related discipline / experience.
• Minimum 5 Years in IT Management, preferably Telco environment.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in IT and related roles especially in Operations.
• High level understanding of IT Architecture and design
• Full alignment on OEM roadmaps and technology advances
• Understanding of Datacentre Technologies and Operations
• Understanding on Application Operations methodologies
• ITIL Professional Location:
Ghana How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
18 July, 2020