Yara is the world’s leading mineral fertilizer company with a truly global presence and with leading positions in ammonia, nitrates, NPK and specialty fertilizers. Yara has supplied high quality fertilizer products to Africa for more than 80 years. Yara Ghana was established in 2007 to strengthen the quality and depth of input supply and related services along agricultural value chains to increase the productivity of Ghanaian farmers. We import high quality NPK products for the maize farmers as well as raw materials to produce advanced fertilizers for the cocoa sector. Yara Ghana is today the market leader in fertilizers in Ghana. We have a motivated staff of approximately 40 in Accra, Tema and in the regions and our network consist of 10 distributors and more than 300 retailers.
Yara International ASA is looking for an IT Site Support Engineer to join our energetic IT team in Africa to enhance IT service delivery in the Africa Region. The position will be based in Accra Ghana but the role involves all countries that Yara operates in, in Africa. The role reports to the regional IT Manager. Responsibilities
• Support Yara IT Users.
• Maintenance and operations of local IT equipment.
• Be the Yara IT Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding all site IT matters.
• Participate and contribute in central and local IT projects as the site IT SME.
• Build, maintain and improve IT knowledge among IT users.
• Provide a point of contact regarding local IT matters.
• Act as Yara IT local representative for central IT Services and deliveries according to Yara IT policies, standards, solutions and governance.
• Support other countries in the region, including traveling abroad. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Communication or related field and/or long relevant experience.
• Certification in ITIL and Microsoft and/or other SME relevant topics.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience.
• Enthusiastic approach and willingness to learn
• Experienced in “tools of the trade” related IT field operations (eg. Monitoring tools, work flow tools, remote execution tools).
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Ability to work independently and at the same time good teamwork skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please upload your CV online by clicking the link below. Click Here To Apply Online
Or contact Barbara Humphrey-Ackumey HR Manager on:- [email protected] Closing Date:
28 December, 2015