Purpose of the Role
• Responsible for the smooth running of computer systems, IT equipment. Key Responsibilities
• Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
• Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
• Talk to users through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
• Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
• Replace parts as required.
• Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
• Support the roll-out of new applications.
• Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
• Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
• Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
• Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
• Rapidly establish a good working relationship with users and other professionals, such as software developers
• Test and evaluate new technology
• Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment. Qualification Required & Experience Key Competencies/Skills Required
• Minimum high school graduate with a certification in computer networking and hardware. Microsoft / CISCO/ Oracle or any other relevant certifications shall be added advantage.
• 5 years’ experience in the field of IT support function, preferably in refinery/terminal environment is desirable. Functional
• Computer networks – responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the computers, LAN, WAN, Communication systems
• Desktop support – direct user assistance
• Hardware maintenance – to maintain and repair computer hardware, computer peripherals such as printers/ scanners, LAN/ WAN hardware etc.
• Software applications – Software applications such as Windows, MS Office, ERDMS software of NPA, any other software applications used in the Oil Terminals. Behavioural
• Ability to think logically
• A good memory of how software and operating systems work
• Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• Ability to work well in a team
• Problem solving skills
• Strong customer focus
• Ability to prioritise your workload
• Attention to detail. Location:
Tema How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to work at Tema Oil Terminal, please send a cover letter and a CV with the Position as the subject to: [email protected] Closing Date:
22 November, 2021