The U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana is seeking an individual for the position of a JANITOR in the Facilities Maintenance Section of the Embassy. POSITION NO:
A52030 BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
• The incumbent performs general janitorial services throughout the Embassy buildings and other compound areas as directed by the Supervisor. Provides effective and efficient customer service meeting ICASS standards.
• Incumbent cleans and polishes floors, vacuums rugs and carpets, cleans walls and woodwork throughout the Chancery, USAID and other mission buildings; may work in other areas and/or U.S. government properties when called on. Waxes floors, cleans windows and dusts all offices during normal duty hours and evening or weekends. Washes floors and furniture when requested, making sure that water does not create hazard to occupants and/ or visiting personnel. Empties all waste baskets and deposits all debris in a safe designated location; cleans bathrooms, toilets and wash closets daily. Pick-up debris on the exterior /interior of Chancery and other areas keeping the appearance of the Mission as a positive representation of U. S. government; must be willing to work both the day shift and swing shift and be available when needed for weekend and or after normal duty hours. May perform other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience NOTE:
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
• Completion of primary school is required
• One year prior experience working in a large office complex is required.
• English level II (Limited knowledge) Limited knowledge of the written and spoken language, and a vocabulary limited to a specific occupation. Job holder will be able to understand and carry out verbal instructions of a repetitive nature, and prepare simple administrative form. Language proficiency will be tested.
• Must know basic cleaning procedures and how to use different products for cleaning
• Must be able to work in a safe manner to protect property, self and be able to distinguish between different soaps and waxes. Salary: GH¢8,896
p.a. (Starting Salary) Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174): or
2. A combination of both: i.e. Section 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see section 3A below for more information): plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form
DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veteran preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
6. A telephone number, post office box and/or e-mail address where we can contact you to schedule an interview.
3A. If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE. Copied at: ghanacurrentjobs.com Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class / Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
T. References NOTE:
1. All applications must have the Position Number and Position Title identified.
2. All “Hard Copy”/printed applications must be submitted to the Mail Room at the
Chancery. Hard Copy Applications submitted through any other office will not be accepted. You may apply on-line using the email address.:- [email protected]
This is the preferred means of applying for a position with the American Embassy.
3. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE FOR AN OPEN/ADVERTIZED POSITION. APPLICATIONS PREVIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR A JOB WILL NOT BE HELD/CONSIDERED FOR FUTURE JOBS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, YOU MUST RE-APPLY. SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: Human Resources Office Through the Mailroom, Chancery American Embassy, Accra P.O. Box GP194, Accra POINT OF CONTACT:
E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date:
14 July, 2015 NOTE: ALL U.S. AND NON-GHANAIAN CITIZENS, WHO ARE NOT FAMILY MEMBERS OF USG EMPLOYEES OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED TO POST AND UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION AUTHORITY, MUST ATTACH COPIES OF THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. NO RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE PROVIDED TO THE JOB LOCATION: ACCRA, GHANA. IF TRANSPORTATION TO ACCRA IS REQUIRED, IT WILL BE THE EMPLOYEE’S RESPONSIBILITY.