• The Market-Oriented Value Chains for Jobs and Growth in the ECOWAS region (MOVE) project focuses on building resilient cashew and rice value chains to contribute to the creation of jobs and income in West Africa, with ECOWAS as its main political partner.
• The project is mainly funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), with co-funding from the European Union and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented jointly with numerous private and public partners. Scope of the Role
• Identifying relevant problems and issues and assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions.
• Coordination of REACH activities in Accra. MOVE intervention countries include Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria. Tasks
• Coordination of transport arrangements for REACH staff and goods/services in Accra.
• Cross-checking of vouchers before submission to the Country Office.
• Facilitates procurement's and contracts at Country Office level.
• Supports preparation and setting up Accra Based recruitment interviews.
• Reports without delay to the finance and administration manager on all problems in financial administration and compliance with rules.
• Ensures that all operational reporting requirements are fully met for the office; in collaboration with the Finance/Administration Manager.
• Monitors status of contract implementation and submission of reports for subsequent payments.
• Reviews all financial reports and vouchers of Contracts (CC, FA, LSC and grant agreement). Qualification Required & Experience
• Qualification in business administration, Finance, Economics, or other related areas.
• Not less than 1-year experience in Finance and Administration set-up.
• Support build ICT infrastructure for virtual training and other meetings across borders.
• Basic knowledge of accounting software/ICT.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Very good knowledge in English, French and/ or German knowledge is of advantage.
• Willingness to update skills as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Strong command of MS office tools such as Word, Excel, and Teams.
• Team player with experience in hosting of meetings and moderation. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2022/REACH/29/07
. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application
unsuccessful. Closing Date:
12 August, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.