Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced citizens of the Economic Community of West African states (ECOWAS) member states to fill the following vacant position at the Headquarters of the ECOMAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA) in Accra.
Junior Lawyer Expert
One year renewable
Under the supervision of the Senior Legal Expert, he/she will give assistance in the management of legal and licensing matters relating, among others, to the:
• Analysis of existing cross-border power exchange contracts or those in preparation and their implementation.
• Review and drafting of standards cross-border power exchange contracts.
• Review and drafting of regional electricity market rules and the procedures as well as their enforcement.
• Advise on dispute resolution and enforcement proceedings relating to the regional electricity market regulation
• Monitoring the execution of ERERA’s administrative and legal assignments
• Analyse and provide legal opinions on any legal matter to ERERA.
• Review and drafting legal texts and agreements of ERERA.
• Advise on court proceedings by or against ERERA
• Manage record keeping system for legal documents and safeguard all legal and confidential documents of ERERA
• Processing of licences and permits
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a law degree in Common law.
• Five (5) years professional legal experience with a minimum of three (3) years in the regulation of the power sector.
• Possession of a higher degree would reduce the required professional experience to three (3) years with a minimum of two (2) years in power sector.
• Relevant knowledge acquired within an international organisation would be an advantage.
• Must possess good analytical skills, ability to use initiative and work as part of a team, ability to communicate complex legal advice and have good drafting and report writing skills.
• Ability to present sensitive issues/positions and prepare reports at short notice
• Ability to work independently with high degree of responsibility, and with minimal supervision
• Experience in Regional or International organizations would be an advantage.
• Good team player and performance oriented, capability to work in a multicultural team.
• Should be computer literacy and have good inter-personal relations skills.
• Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentational) and interpersonal skills (team player).
The applicant should be less than 50 years old at the time of recruitment.
• Must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS Commission, English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of any of the other ECOWAS language would be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should send an electronic copy of their letter of motivation and curriculum vitae to the following email address:
In line with their desire to speed up and improve the recruitment process, ERERA will only accept online applications.
30 August, 2019