Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF)- The regional project Agribusiness Facility for Africa (ABF) supports development cooperation programmes, enterprises and institutions in the introduction and implementation of broad-based agribusiness training for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Together with the GIZ project MOVE-ComCashew, ABF implements component 1 of an EU framework programme.
• This cooperation aims to develop and improve the capacities of actors along the agricultural value chains of cashew, cocoa, maize and livestock (cattle, sheep and goats) in 78 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries in order to promote investment. Other project offices are currently in Germany, Côte d’Ivoire, and South Africa.
Scope of Role:
• You technically advise on the design and roll out of the Agribusiness e-Academy hosted on the atingi learning management system (https://www.atingi.org/) and support all activities in the field of digital capacity development.
• You will work in close consultation with the coordinator for the e-learning component and the technical team based in Germany and Ghana.
• Administration and maintenance of course offers on the digital learning management system (www.atingi.org).
• Grading of knowledge tests submitted by e-learners.
• Support of e-learning course development and design interventions which focus particularly on the inclusion and empowerment of women and vulnerable groups.
• Support and advice on matchmaking options for e-learners with incubators, (micro-)financial institutions and other opportunities.
• Exploration of suitable on- and offline delivery channels and partner platforms.
• Organization and support of networking and promotion activities with interested stakeholders in Ghana and other countries.
• Participation in and contribution to on-site and online e-learning events.
• Close liaison with the GIZ teams in Accra and Germany working on e-learning.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in an area that is related to the project objectives, with focus on a relevant field, i.e. IT, Business Studies, Media Design, Digital Learning / Training, Communications, or related field.
• Qualifications in the fields of education, (digital) training and andragogy will be an advantage.
• Technical knowledge and experience in e-learning development and delivery, digitization of training and learning management system administration.
• Good understanding of the agribusiness sector and relevant actors.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Professional experience with instructional design and authoring tools is an advantage.
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of French, Spanish or Portuguese is an asset.
• Strong organizational and social competence skills and ability to easily adapt and manage change.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
quoting the Job Code 2023/ABF/JTA/31/08
in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
14 September, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.