ROLE PROFILE & JOB PURPOSE
• The Knowledge Management Coordinator will provide leadership and expertise to the Knowledge Management Initiative, Resource Centre Network (RCN) Ghana by managing a range of KM activities and partner/sector mailing loop, transforming sector KM findings into actionable learning points to drive WASH sector targets. He/ she will support sector documentation and learning processes, advocacy and dissemination activities through internal and external campaigns to influence decision makers and practitioners; and to market learning and improve visibility to attract support and resources.
• He/she will also be responsible for the functions in the RCN Secretariat, formulation of learning plans and deployment of integrated learning activities across the sector and segments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Work with partner/stakeholders to agree and review the business model for learning and formulate strategies to support implementation of the delivery of WASH priorities. Some of the specific activities are:
• Review the RCN business strategy/plan to provide a focus and direction to learning/KM in the WASH Sector; and to ensure products and approaches are properly targeted; aligned to the sector strategy;
• Develop fundraising strategy to facilitate resource mobilization
• Collate, review and track learning trends & patterns, and support the development of decision support tools to inform adaptation of policy and practice;
• Regular update of the RCN website and social media platforms dedicated to support the sector; and quality assurance of postings;
• Compile, review and disseminate relevant sector updates – sector mailing loop, sector calendar of events, etc.
• Develop communication plans across the network segments; and create awareness within the network and externally using effective campaigns to drive interest and buy-in;
• Provide strategic inputs in process documentation, advocacy support and communication to promote visibility and scaling of solutions;
• Organise sector learning dialogues and KM sessions at national (NLLAP) and decentralise levels.
• Develop annual programme plans and budgets to facilitate the implementation of RCN’s activities
• Develop strategies to facilitate capacity enhancement of project partners
• Monitor and provide support to the delivery of partner projects with a focus on documentation and sharing of lessons;
• Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports covering both project implementation and finances in line with donor/partner agreements
• Manage divergent views and interest across different partners, organisations and focus areas to drive the achievement of a knowledgeable sector that is target-focused;
• Work closely with selected research & Analytics teams by identifying critical areas of learning interest and training needs; ensuring coaching and training to build capacity and documents lessons;
• Ensure that knowledge products and learning activities adhere to all compliance and sector standards.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Qualification in Development Communications, Knowledge Management Project Management, Business Administration, Planning, Social Sciences or its equivalent with proficiency in Action Research. A Professional qualification or Masters is an added advantage.
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in management and leadership role with expertise in product development, advocacy and media relations with at least 3 years in project management
• Knowledge/Experience in the WASH Sector is an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit a cover letter together with a detailed CV (with 2 referees) to Email:
(and copy: [email protected]
Or send hard copies to:
The KM Lead
RCN Ghana, No 18. Third Close
Airport Residential - Accra.
P.O. Box CT 9531
Cantonments - Accra
28 September, 2015
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted