Laboratory Manager Reporting to:
Medical Director Department:
Administration Main Purpose
The Laboratory Manager will, work and oversee the overall laboratory operations; developing procedures to ensure safety, security, quality and accuracy of results; designing and performing test procedures; analyzing requests for tests and equipment; tending to administrative and management matters. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Develop and implement Laboratory(s) policies and procedures. Manage and coordinate operational policies and procedures; coordinate with research staff on issues which impact laboratory services.
• Maintain liaison with technicians and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities. Advise on technical procedures, techniques and equipment, and maintain conformance with specific operational standards.
• Maintain quality checks on safety of laboratories, including biohazards and insure maintenance of the facilities according to Good Laboratory Practices.
• Assist in formulating and implementing the short and long-range goals for the operation of the laboratory; set priorities, assign responsibilities, and establish timetables. Project future needs and formulate strategies consistent with projections.
• Plan and schedule work for the group to ensure proper distribution of assignments as well as adequate manning, space, and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
• Perform routine and specialized technical procedures in the laboratory.
• Evaluate and recommend new techniques and technologies.
• Install and maintain laboratory equipment in compliance with statutory rules and regulations.
• Prepare technical reports reflecting volume of work, procedures utilized and test results; coordinate the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
• Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
• Represent the department/laboratory in interactions with other departments.
• Assure that the laboratory technicians are properly trained in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and equipment specific requirements.
• Assist in the determination of fiscal requirements and in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
• Develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate systems to evaluate current and projected laboratory services and productivity of the laboratories. Qualification Required & Experience Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in medical technology or Health Science, with a minimum of 3 years working experience.
• HND (Dispensing Technology) with a minimum of 5 years working experience Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Professional Demeanor
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong communications
• Courteous Attitude
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations Deliverables:
• Monthly Departmental Reports
• Monthly Supply/Procurement Report Location:
Spintex Road, Accra How To Apply For The Job
Address to forward Applications Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to the: [email protected] Closing Date:
02 January, 2021