Commodity Warehousing Limited (CWL) based in the Tema Free Zone is a private service provider in the agricultural sector of Ghana and specialises in pesticide residue analyses of agricultural food crops and commodities. CWL is searching for an experienced Laboratory Manager and 3 Analytical Chemists for the analysis of mainly cocoa beans.
The staff can test and assess the samples independently with the use of the newest GC-MS MS and LC-MS Ms TQ technologies available on the market.
• The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the Pesticide Residue Analyses Laboratory and has all the technical experience necessary to supervise the laboratory staff
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages stocks, sampling, sample reception, milling, extraction, product R&D and formulation, stakeholder relations, safety, quality assurance, implementation of ISO 17025 standards compliance and fulfillment targets in relation to all agricultural commodities sampled and analysed in an accurate manner
• Oversees and directs the scientific in accordance with good laboratory practices including follow-up on protocol development issues
• Manages, supervises and directs the activities of assigned staff and functions, make recommendations and decisions regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees
• Comprehensive understanding and ability to evaluate new equipment/processes for extraction, as well as upgrades/changes to existing equipment and procedures
• Analysing of problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and implementing recommendations in support of goals
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Analytical Science or relevant science related field, preferred Master's Degree
• At least 3 years experience in a managerial role
• At least 5 years experience working in a lab environment
• Knowledge and experience related to analytical chemistry and LCMS MS and GCMS Ms techniques
• Preferred experience in setting up and or running a new laboratory
How To Apply For The Job
If you are interested, send your application letter and CV with at least 3 current references to:
Clearly indicate which position you are applying for and the adequate knowledge and experience you possess.
23 September, 2019