Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title:
Laboratory Technician SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Responsible for operation of the laboratory. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Perform technical laboratory functions including chemistry, haematology, urinalysis and immunology.
• Report test results following clinic protocols alerting providers and/or nurses about abnormal results.
• Ensure quality control in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies. Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
• Comply with all laboratory policies and Health and Safety regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
• Serve as a back-up to the Laboratory Manager as needed.
• Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all department and Hospital regulations.
• Perform all other duties as assigned. Qualification Required & Experience JOB REQUIREMENTS
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• Diploma or higher preferred
• 1 – 2 years medical laboratory experience preferably in a private healthcare environment
• Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance.
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly and pays attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English
• Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
• Customers service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills. Meet patients and others needs while following department policies and procedures.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
• Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
• Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 January, 2021