Land Development & Acquisitions Name of Job Holder:
N/A Grade Level of Job/Position:
N/A Reports To:
Position of your boss/supervisor - Line Manager / Managing Director Direct Reports:
Positions Reporting to your role: N/A Job Purpose
• An experienced land buyer who has a portable book of contacts in the Ghana and West Africa.
Extremely well connected in the agency world and be able to bring a number of off market opportunities to the business every year. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify potential land acquisition targets through detailed study and networking with attorneys, engineers and others involved in residential land development.
• Negotiate land acquisition term sheets and contracts with land sellers
• Coordinate legal drafting of all acquisition documents
• Understand zoning, proffer conditions and land planning principles for various jurisdictions
• Understand Division’s product offering, construction cost and applicability for various land opportunities
• Achieve starts projections and closings on new communities.
• Manage acquisition process through firm contract and land closing.
• Maintain inventory reports, critical dates, contract summaries and periodic market analysis.
• Maintain Land Contract files, maps and other files in Division office.
• Network with other builders and developers to maintain market awareness
• Assist management in negotiating terms and specifics of purchase and sale agreements.
• Undertake and coordinate due diligence requirements during land acquisition contract study periods including environmental reports, title, soils, flood plain and market analysis to Company standards
• Coordinate land budget takeoffs with team and other stakeholders Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience Key Relationships Internal
1.Staff members of other subsidiaries
2.Team members of Land Holdings External
3. Regulatory bodies
4. All other Stakeholders Competencies
• Proven working experience in land acquisition and development
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are to send their CVS to the email address: [email protected] Closing Date:
20 August, 2021