Programmes & Projects
• Annual Salary: USD 36,901 - USD 51,637
Principal Programme Officer
Under the supervision of the Principal Programmes Officer, the Law Enforcement Officer shall provide support for and monitor all Law Enforcemen Agencies in the Region on behalf of GIABA.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Draft reports on aspects relating to the assessment of law enforcement and training;
• Participate fully in GIABA’s Mutual Evaluation exercices;
• Ensure link with Law Enforcement Authorities in Member States for the achievement of GIABA’s objectives;
• Implement training and other capacity building measures for institutions foghting against money laundering and terrorism financing;
• Ensure link and/or coordinate with stakeholders in order to identify case studies for typology exercices, as and when necessary;
• Review guidelines, documents and other policy instruments for capacity building of member States in law enforcement;
• Independently undertake specific missions at the request of his/her line Supervisor;
• Perform any other task assigned to him by the DG.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor Degree in Criminology, Law or Social Sciences or related fields of study.
• A minimum of five (5) or seven (7) years proven experience in pertinent areas at the national and international levels. Entry point will depend on the level of experience of the candidate. A post-graduate degree will reduce the number of years experience by two (2) years.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Knowledge and mastery of measures designed to fight against economic and financial crimes, particularly money laundering, terrorism financing and law enforcement would be an added advantage;
• Wealth of experience in social issues and communication, in the context of cooperation with State Officials as well as multilateral and bilateral agencies;
• Proven ability to plan and organize work, review and correct others’ work, produce reports and documents on technical issues in a concise, clear, objective and professional manner;
• Be prepared to sustain interpersonal relationships and capacity for sound judgments and decision-making;
• Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect for diveersity and ensure confidence building amkng staff while maintaining effective relations with development partneners, stakehoders and civil society;
• Thorough understanding of international instruments, standards and best practices, including the 40 FATF Recommendations and GIABA’s mandate;
• Thorough knowledge of ECOWAS texts and ability to advse Management to comply with them;
• Outstanding abiltiy to nogotiate and present facts to member states in a concise and practical maner to ensure the latter take ownership of the programmes.
Applicants must not be over 50 years of age at the point of recruitment must be citizens of an ECOWAS Member State.
Applicants must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).
04 December, 2015